Help needed please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed please...

I'm writing some SMAC fiction and need some help.
    1. At about what time (in mission years) would you expect the Gaians, Peacekeepers and University all to have at least 5 bases each?
    2. What technologies would be widely available then?
    Can you please email answers to james_aldred@hotmail.com and tell me if you want a copy of the story as far as it has got.
    Thanks in advance,
    James aka SMAC Fanatic
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

James,

My guess is that 5 colonies each for gaians,Pk's/&UoP
    a) first two set by 2105
    b) average 10 turns per pod build meaning second two are out 'bout 2115
    c) second set of two are set in place 2120
    d) 5th and final colony pod produced and set early 2130's

As for discoveries to that point (depends if directed or not, but if in character for the various factions) then

for MY2130

Dee -say averages 7 turns/tech meaning total techs discovered 4 with one coming in about 5 turns

If in character, My guess is beeline to Green

Uop - say averages at 5 turns/tech meaning total techs of 6 and one in about 5 turns

If in character, my guess is beeline to fusion power

PK -say averages 8 turns/tech meaning total techs of 3 with one coming in about 2 turns

If in character my guess is beeline to Ethical Calculus.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Thanks so much - that's really helpful.
      I'll be posting some of my story in the Fiction forum soon. Watch out for it!
      "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Working...
      X