Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning....sorta....:-)

Hello again everyone....::sheepish smile::

I'm sorry for the extended absence, but death DOES have a way of keeping a fellow from the keyboard....

Anyway, after tangling with the grim reaper, and spending a lot of time with myself, re-balancing my life, and making a few changes, my Brother Googlie brought it to my attention that my name had been cast about 'round here lately, so I thought I might duck my head in for a moment to say hello.

I've been browsing the board this morning trying to catch up...WOW....seems like I've missed quite a bit....it's gonna take me forever to catch up with the Spartan Chronicles alone, to say nothing of the rest of it, but that's a good thing....a very good thing indeed.

Ahhh, and I saw where the City of Hope had been bumped back to the top recently....very cool...even cooler since I've started writing on it again. I'm not gonna POST anything til I get it totally finished this time tho, but I am writing again after a very long vacation from it and from my muse. Just had to....rearrange my life a bit I suppose.

At any rate, I thought I'd create a new topic here, to see how everyone was doing soooo....how you guys doing?

-=Vel=-
    (sortakinna back in the saddle)
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Hey Bud, good to have you back - even briefly !

Hope you'll find the time to return here often, your contributions are always appreciated.

Aredhran

Comment

Vel, how you doing?!?! I'm new here - a couple of months, anyway, and have heard many tales of your fabulous exploits here - I am honoured to say the least!

I just hope you'll stay around a while - now I have spoken with the great Velociryx it makes it all worthwhile, of course....

We're back!
      http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Vel,

The legend returns! Welcome back!! I’ll leave the hugging to Rynn, though.

Hydro

Comment

*Salutes the returning Master of SMAC*

btw, just DL'ed your guide version 3.0 - good work, but I might have to charge you for the ink. 75 pages is a helluva lot.

------------------
          The best way to avoid errors is not to do anything - Dr Beardon (Maths)

("Something is worth doing"=>"It is worth doing properly")<=>("Something is not worth doing properly"=>"It is not worth doing") - A truth first expounded by Murgatroyd
          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
          "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Mark, Hydro, Chowlett, thanks guys! I had no idea that my little thread woulda drawn so many responses so quickly! (and an aside to mark13: Excellent! I'm glad to hear that the hefty bribes I paid to everyone to invent remarkable stories about me was a good investment! Guys....another check will be in the mail shortly! ::grin:: )

-=Vel=-
            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Hi there Vel, good to see you back.
              Take it easy ...
              Team 'Poly

Comment

::kissing the Lady's hand::

Hello Mis, and yes, I'll *definately* be taking it easy...nothing like a little scare like that to make you reevaluate...sheesh....

It's good to see your name here....

-=Vel=-

Comment

Velociryx, good to see you coming around. Your guide helped my playing incredibly. You, as they say, the man.

Comment

It's good to your name on a new post again

I think it is important that you understand the impact that you have on others such as myself. Not to get too deeply into it, after my father's death I was amazed by the multitude of stories my family heard of how he had touched peoples lives. In an online environment such as this, having that understanding can be even more difficult. I have been haunting this board off and on for about two years, and in that time your discussions and guides have given my game quantum leaps over my first few efforts.

While I'm at it, I would like to thank everyone for their contribution to this board and to my growth as a AC player. Whether we agreed, disagreed, or just rapped, by sharing knowledge and experiences insight can be gained.

Peace Love and Happiness,
                    -Joel

Comment

Thank you both! It's too bad we're not all living in the same area, we could run down to the little Mexican place down the street and while away the evening with some serious Margaritas!

And Voodoo, your compliment leaves me speechless. I guess I never really stopped to consider the impact per se....I only know that I enjoy writing, and spinning out my little stories and analogies and the like, and that here, in this place (and a few others as well) I've found an audience who seems to enjoy them, and that is perhaps the greatest gift you can bestow on ANY artist, regardless of type. So, for anybody who happens across this thread now, and in days to come, let me just say that if the essays, guides, and stories I have left here have helped your game, brought a laugh, or perhaps a tear (in some cases), then I'm very pleased, but more importantly than that, I'm honored to have been given the opportunity to create, and to have those creations so eagerly anticipated by those who frequent this place....

-=Vel=-
                      [This message has been edited by Velociryx (edited November 29, 2000).]

Comment

Velociryx, great to see you back! As with virtually every poster here, your strategy guide has helped me immensely as has your upbeat and thought-provoking posts.

Comment

Vel, I think the reply count says it all - 16 replies in a little under 5 hours. Not bad going.

Still, what amazes me is that someone who knows so much about this fabulous game can transmit it so regularly, in such an upbeat way, *and* come across as a really nice guy. I know I speak for everyone here when I say....

WELCOME BACK!!!!
                          [This message has been edited by mark13 (edited November 29, 2000).]
                          We're back!
                          http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Would have been 17 replies if I had been checking the boards sooner.

Vel,

I think the masses have spoken you are/were sorely missed.

Welcome back bud. Hopefully you'll be passing this way more often.
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Indeed, I seldom reply to these kinds of threads, but in your case I'll make an exception.

Your guide was written with the kind of depth and attention that stunned me when I read it. I couldn't believe that somebody would spend that kind of time, for no money but for the enjoyment of people most if not all of whom you've never met.

Great to see that you're back
                              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Working...
                              X