Planet Busters -- Reassigning minerals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planet Busters -- Reassigning minerals

I noticed that most rush buying costs increase exponentially according to the number of minerals still needed (the same as in Civ 1 & 2). The Planet Busters, however, have an even steeper rush-buying formula that makes you shell out far more than normal. I would like to find a way to apply this extra-steep cost formula to secret projects so that players actually have to build them rather than rush buying them all the time (heck, I've even purchased the Ascent to Transcendence in a single turn ... and I was playing as Miriam!).

I don't think I can do this through alpha.txt. Any other ideas?
    Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. And perhaps everyone else, too.

Also, months ago, someone released a very good comprehensive guide to SMAC/X on the internet. I remember he got a lot of praise for it. Know where I could find it again?
    Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. And perhaps everyone else, too.

Comment

Sparky:

I think you are talking about Vel's strategy guide.

Download it from the "what's new" page of the Spartan Chronicles site:

http://go.to/googlie

G.

[This message has been edited by Googlie (edited November 01, 2000).]

Comment

Sparky, part of the problem is that most people rush SPs with upgraded crawlers, rather than energy. So once your economy is strong, rush-building an SP can be done in a single turn, with a single upgraded crawler of some type (probably rover/jet chassis with best armour and a couple of special abilities).

With the NanoFactory, planned/wealth/eudaimonic and the right supply unit, IIRC, you can actually build the Ascent for less than 1 energy per mineral, making it a trivial exercise.

So, for example, you'd probably have to multiply the basic cost of the Ascent maybe 10 times or so, to make it significant.
        Team 'Poly

Comment

"most people rush SPs with upgraded crawlers, rather than energy."

I have been wondering about this. I never tried anything, but normal crawlers, but in my last game I had a couple of cities that were building 1 crawler a turn, with Mins left over.

------------------
          I have no living enemies!
          Tim
          I have no living enemies!
          Tim

Comment

Working...
          X