How do I make Custom Factions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I make Custom Factions?

this may seem like a silly question to most of you, but I have no clue how to do this, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

There are two different ways: one is difficult the other more difficult.
    1.If you have Alien CrossFire
    In the main directory there is a file named Facedit:
    opening it you can modify in a simple manner all Faction's aspect.
    2.If you don't have AXFire
    You can modify an existent faction's file e.g.:PEACE.TXT
    Both method require a lot of patience and a reading to ALPHA.TXT or ALPHAX.TXT
    To create your own graphic set you can use a lot of tools that you can find at civilization.gamestats.com/smac

[This message has been edited by Vultur (edited September 09, 2000).]
    Aslo the gods are impotent against men's stupidity --Frederich Shiller
    In my vocabulary the word "Impossible" doesn't exist --Napoleon
    Stella Polaris Development Team -> Senior Code Writer (pro tempore) & Designer

Comment

The editor that came with Crossfire is horrific. All the text writes over whatever was on the previous screen until nothing is legible. I can't believe that it got released like that. Since looking at the editor, I haven't even thought about customising my own faction. It was a big put-off.

- MKL
      - mkl

Comment

Forget the faction editor. It doesn't exist. There is no faction editor: there is a mis-named program that is actually a faction destroyer. If you want to create a faction, you have to modify an existing faction with a text editor, and save it under a new name. You can learn almost everything you need to know by patiently reading the existing faction files, as, for the most part, they are very well documented. If you get confused about something, I suggest searching the AC-Creation forums. Probably almost every topic--from how to make new art to how to make sea monoliths--has been covered there.

Comment

Working...
        X