SMAC vs. Tribes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC vs. Tribes

I have played SMAC for a long time, and was thinking about purchasing Tribes. Are they very different, and is it worth my time and $ to get into Tribes? Is one superior to the other, and is Tribes different enough to justify its purchase? Thanks in advance for your opinions....

If it's the same game I'm thinking of tribes is very different. It's a first person shooter like Doom only you play as a team and have several different combinations of armor and weapons. I played the demo and bought the game myself only to find that my modem/system wasn't fast enough to compete with the other players. Too much lag will kill you every time. I diffenetly suggest this game, but only to people who can get a good connection. Possibly only cable modem users or some other such means of fast communication.

Comment

Yes ... my son plays a lot of Tribes. When he first bought the game, we were on dial-up and it was hopeless. Now we have a cable connection, the game works great and he has a lot of fun. But you're right WE - it's nothing like SMAC
      Team 'Poly

Comment

Working...
      X