SMAX for $35-40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAX for $35-40

Go to Amazon.com, go to the search box in the upper right, then type in "Alien Crossfire" and then hit Go! Then choose "New and Used". Two places have it used for $35-40, and one store has it new for $50. Just to help those who need a copy
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

I just bought a copy at Walmart for only 20 bucks....both Alpha Centauri and Alien Crossfire, along with 3 other games, packaged together under the name of the Laptop Collection....

ppl could check out there too

Comment

Originally posted by cpbeller
      I just bought a copy at Walmart for only 20 bucks....both Alpha Centauri and Alien Crossfire, along with 3 other games, packaged together under the name of the Laptop Collection....

ppl could check out there too
      He's right.

After I saw on another thread where Cpbeller posted that SMAX was available in WalMart, I checked out WalMart and found they had about 8 copies of SMAX in "The Laptop Collection" package put out by Electronic Arts in stock at that WalMart.

I suspect that you will be able to find it in most WalMarts in the U.S., plus maybe even in WalMarts located in other countries.

It came with SMAC and three other games. It did not have any printed manuals but cost less than $20 US.

I bought a copy, installed it, and I am now running a Citizen Level Game using University to get a feel for how it works.

The most annoying thing so far, other than landing in an area that was mostly arid, is that those spore launchers can and will destroy terra-formed enhancements. Quite a change from the native life forms in SMAC that would leave your enhancments alone.

Mead

Comment

yesterday's news item
        also availiable on amazon and gamestop for $17.99-19.99

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG

yesterday's news item
          also availiable on amazon and gamestop for $17.99-19.99

http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click...fmtype=console
          The photo of the package on the Amazon site is the exact same as the package containing SMAX that I bought at WalMart a few days ago.

Great news.

Thanks

Mead

Comment

Working...
          X