new Borg faction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Borg faction

Yes, I know there are other Borg factions... and you're all probably tired of them.
    I took the existing faction, kudos to its creator, and changed the base graphics (although it's only a modified Hive bases, they still look appropriate), the city graphic and the diplomany graphic.
    I changed the rules somewhat so that the Borg are masters at stealing tech while having very little research capability of their own: -4 Research & -1 Econ.
    The other thing is that the Borg don't get a research penelty for using Fundamentalism (because Borg doctrine does not include a lack of technology, but an extreme usage of it) and they get extra Talents per base (because of mind control), so Drone riots are few.

I've also added a lot of base names that seem appropriate to the Borg; having only Borg Base #... was really boring and confusing. And changed the dialouge so that the faction leader is Central Negotiation Node of the Borg. This seems more like the Borg than the other versions. Why should the Borg Queen be on this planet? The diplomacy picture is an actual painting and I'm sure you've never seen the Borg like that.

If anyone is interested in downloading it, I'll post it.
    It's really Synthetic God... I guess I didn't notice my own typo.

*Points to the AC-Creation forum*
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

yes, I would have, but that forum is nearly empty.
      It's really Synthetic God... I guess I didn't notice my own typo.

Comment

SMAC is somehow demodè
        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

[rant]
          The AC-Creation section of this forum wouldn't be "empty" if all Creation-type threads were posted there in the first place.
          For example, (imho) the spreadsheet in the "Beelining to IndAuto" thread should have been in Creation.
          [/rant]
          I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Even though the spreadsheet has nothing do to with the creation of new factions, maps or any sort of alphax editing or whatever, and everything to do with game strategy?
            Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic
              Even though the spreadsheet has nothing do to with the creation of new factions, maps or any sort of alphax editing or whatever, and everything to do with game strategy?
              I have to agree with Archaic here, I just don't see how it could be related to the Creation forum. Besides, I think the most logical place to post the spreadsheet is the thread where all the discussion concerning the formula took place in the first place.

Comment

Working...
              X