i just went back to smac/x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just went back to smac/x

i think the last time i played it was maybe december 1999.
    still, in my first game back, as the university, i'm at 2184. conquered yang and santiago.
    techs coming in every 2 turns.
    going for orbital spaceflight

WB, ProvostB - - we missed your wit and wisdom.

Googlie

Comment

I just thought I would stick my 2 cents in about coming back to a game.

It's a weird phenomenon....feling completely disinterested in a game, and then, after a while feeling such a strong resurgence of interest in that game that you have to play it constantly.

maybe that was only worth 1 cent....

While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

This preceding week, I have managed to get two friends of mine back into the swing of SMAC/X! One had played the game to death as the Provost and believed he had seen all there was to see, and the other had played the game to death as the Spartans.

I persuaded them both to revisit the game through the simple expedient of a Hotseat game.

Two more for the Cause...
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Funnily enough, I just came back after 6 or 8 months without playing. I even lost my old Apolyton identity through laziness and change of e-mail address (Yes, I was Simpson ).

Less than a week later I'm in my first Internet MP game, have posted a new faction to the creation forums, and am playing every day. I'm even thinking of posting a game or two to the HoF.

Just like they say, once you're addicted to Smac you can never really give it up.
          "Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them."
          - Samuel Palmer

Comment

I am in a patch where I couldn't care about playing at the moment. But that will probably reverse at some point over the next few months....

Comment

Hey,
              No Offense to Mark but I sent a faction about 8-9 months ago. It was full of errors I asked it to be deleted. Unfortunately it was not removed. Herer.zip is the file I have version two if anyone by chance wants it. I know it will be a LONG TIME before it is made available. hererv2.zip just e-mail me I will send it. The file that is up was my first attempt it REALLY sucks! Later!

Comment

S II, has your faction gone up yet? I have one sent but not up, so yours is, I'll resend mine.
                The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Thanks ProvostB for keeping the SMACer population at level.

I said that because I'm dropping my interest in SMAC (for various reasons). I'll be dropping some lines here from time to time, but no more new PBEMs for me.

LoD the Departed
                  I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
                  LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
                  civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

LoD, sorry to hear that you're losing interest.

So, presumably the Gaian forces can waltz into Pope LoD's places of worship unimpeded in the Islanders game?!

------------------
                    Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet
                    Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
                    http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html

Comment

DD: No, it just means that I'll have to divide my attention between Diablo II and SMAC.

...And if a single one of your anemic, wegetarian, root-beer drinking, tree-hugging followers dares to cross my border, I will personally light up the fire at your stake .

Latest news: I may be returning to playing the game, since some people from our flat's LAN (yes, we have a very own network ) declared that they'll be willing to play SMAC. I'll see how it turns out...

LoD
                      I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
                      LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
                      civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

Chowlett, no my faction hasn't even been sent to the files section. It is updated so rarely that for an experimental, beta version of a faction it isn't worth it.
                        I put a post in creation with a description and a link to a download page( Download The Unity Engineers here!! ) which I created just for the task. If you want yours hosting I'll put it up for you, you can e-mail me with it at james_moughan@hotmail.com .
                        [This message has been edited by Simpson II (edited July 30, 2000).]
                        "Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them."
                        - Samuel Palmer

Comment

After about 7 months I decided to crank up the ole SMACX. I had burned myself out on gaming in general but with just a few turns I was addicted again. Playing blind Ironman as Diedra and after 112 years I was the only human species left. This was a first for me. I started out on a rather small island sitting in between Caretakers and Usurpers whom were both in poseesion of huge continents. It has really been great to turn on the X weapons and see these aliens beg for mercy. There is really something about this game that keeps calling me back. What is it, here comes another late night

Comment

I think I slowed my SMACX playing down for a little less than a month after I bought Imperium Galactica II. That game is horrible though, and I've gone back to playing everyday that I can now. I usually play hotseat against myself though, because it's the best game that I can find. Shogun Total War is suppose to be good. I might try that or wait until CTPII comes out. For right now I still in for SMACX.

Comment

I've had SMAC for about a week...hmmm...maybe a week and a half and I have been playing it every day since I bought it.

And even though ive only had it such a short time, I am already wipping cpu a$$ on talent mode. And despite the fact that this game is relatively (how shall we say this...) un-new. I beleive I'll be playing it for years to come.

Just thought I'd add a little input, and let all of u know the cause has claimed another happy little soul.

Alphaphreek
                              AC Rules...nothing more...

Comment

Working...
                              X