Alien artifact capturing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien artifact capturing

What happens when you defeat the last defender in a base with Alien Artifacts - I did so, got a message stating "3 Alien Artifacts captured", but got none of them. Is this an official bug?
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Chowlett, Depending how you capture the artifacts, they can end up in your territory far across the map. I believe this happens when you use Airpower to capture the artifacts.

However, it is true that I do not remember ever capturing a base with two artifacts. There may be a bug.

Ned
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

So it is airpower that does it! I have had AAs show up in the darndest places but I never realized that it was caused by air captures.

It seems when you capture an AA there is always that graphic showing that it has been defeated in battle. Usually it comes back to life and becomes your own but sometimes it just dies. I'm not sure if it is any different for multiple captures. I have successfully simultaneously captured 2, but never have had an opportunity to get 3.

Comment

No, I think they've gone. It was a land unit, and they haven't reactivated in later turns. H'o well.
        The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
        Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
        All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
        "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Working...
        X