Real Men, Roleplayers, Loonies and Munchkins of SMAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Men, Roleplayers, Loonies and Munchkins of SMAC

To steal from popular concept, I hereby present unto you AC version of this roleplayers' extraordinaire.

General opinion about game

Real Men: Too little fighting.
    Roleplayers: Loved the AC story, don't think there are enough story elements in game.
    Loonies: Too litle humour.
    Munchkins: Didn't like it at all, until they found Scenario menu and how to edit factions.

Favorite SMAC factions

Real Men: Spartans.
    Roleplayers: University.
    Loonies: University, because they Zak loks so, well, loony.
    Munchkins: Self-made "Coolboyz" faction which gets +6 to every modifier.

Favorite SMACX factions

Real Men: Pirates.
    Roleplayers: Drones or Borgs.
    Loonies: Cult of Planet, with PRophet being renamed as Cheese Dong.
    Munchkins: Coolboyz still rule.

Favorite custom factions

Real Men: Real men don't use custom factions.
    Roleplayers: Anything you can't find on Net, or has been made using Faction Ratings Formula.
    Loonies: Rednecks.
    Munchkins: If they get tired to Coolboyz, they go to http://www.crosswinds.net/~smaccf/ , Super Factions department.

Favorite units:

Real Men: Chaos Rovers and Chaos Infantry.
    Roleplayers: Formers, Mind Worms and Probe Teams.
    Loonies: Singularity Planet Busters, for cool effect. Anything they get to name themselves - like 4-3-10 Needlejet called Rubber Chicken.
    Munchkin: 30-30-10 Megakillerz, which can't be built but Coolboyz get 10 of them in start of game.

Favorite SPs

Real Men: Cloning Vats.
    Roleplayers: Anything with quote from faction they play that time.
    Loonies: Dream Twister, for cool video they can really relate with.
    Munchkins: All of them in one base.

Favorite way to win:

Real Men: Planetary Conquest.
    Roleplayers: Transcendence.
    Loonies: Loonies don't tend to win games too often.
    Munchkins: Planetary Conquest by 2061.
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Hey?
    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

I usually take the forums here quite seriously and tend to favor the strategy section over general anyways.

However...I think I laughed five minutes straight when I read that one. Just cringed in front of the monitor with laughter.

Great stuff, Stefu! I loved the munchkin section. And I think I have to play a game with the CoolBoyz (MP anybody?), just for effect. Is this faction downloadable anywhere?

Ironically, somebody honestly tried to impress me once with how great of a gamer they were by sending me a game file which was just horribly played and showed complete lack of skill -- except that their group got +6 +6 +6 from every fungus square, while it was stuck somewhere in the lower bottom of the tech tree.
      Of course, even with horribly matching government choices, their SE mods where averaged at about +3 all through the line.

I have to admit I wasn't impressed.
      -joer.

Comment

Some more (you can contribute, too!)

Favorite SE choices:

Real Men: Police State and Power
        Roleplayers: Whatever fits the faction they play with
        Loonies: Police State Free Market Power Eudaimonic, of course! Or one of endless vaiations.
        Munchkins: SE? What SE?

Reaction to Real Men in MP:

Real Men: Instant brotherhood
        Roleplayers: Bribe with tech and energy to become protectors
        Loonies: Gift them with endless supply of Rubber Chickens, laugh
        Munchkins: Instant destruction

Reaction to Roleplayers in MP:

Real Men: Force them to become vassals giving tech
        Roleplayers: Wind up in endless discussions about what substance are houses of AC made of
        Loonies: Claim that they are trying to recreate faction of mentally ill people

Reaction to Loonies in MP

Real Men: Attack and conquer those weaklings
        Roleplayers: Try to protect them and imagine they are faction of mentally ill they can send all their unwanted population
        Loonies: Don't like the competition

Reaction to Munchkins in MP

Real Men: Attempt to band together to crush Munchkins or leave the game in disgust
        Roleplayers: Attempt to band together to crush Munchkins or leave the game in disgust
        Loonies: Attempt to band together to crush Munchkins or leave the game in disgust
        Munchkins: "What's a Munchkin?"
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

LOL! Good one!

LoD
          I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
          LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
          civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

Don't forget the English Lit students playing the game. They would find obvious post-colonialist lesbian tendencies of Deirdre Skye towards bourgeois decadence bordering on the Freudian idealization of the Hated Mother motif portrayed in the imagery of the toothed vagina, being pitted against the insensate choative formula-being that is the lust for order, power, and control, thus further propagating a sociological ideological myth and semi hagiographical denial of eschatological roots, typifically embodificationalized in the materialated weapons and ammunition of Col Santiago.

A clear delineation would be seen to partitionate between the soft, maternal, natural feminine self of Skye who refrains from selfrealization and action (see Lawrence ibid. ed. Stxy 66-98), and the hard, pseudophallic heterodoxological inflicter present in the metaphysical yang of Santiago, whose autoerotic desire to possess and amass weapons, guns, and vehicles are obviously to be seen as psychodramatic actualizations of a yearning either to be a man herself (for weapons read phallus, for ammunition read scrotum, for vehicles read prostate gland) or to locate the mother figure that, though indeed Hated, is still lacking and therefore becomes the Gaia Forgivant figure.

And Yang is a big evil guy who wants to kill us, so there.
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

That's MR. Cheese Dong to you
              [This message has been edited by Bblue (edited June 20, 2000).]
              "Power doesn't corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

Comment

(In a whiny voice)
                Mooooommmm! Alinestra's using big words again...
                [This message has been edited by Kinjiru (edited June 20, 2000).]

Comment

Thank You once again Alinestra Covelia. That was a pure stroke of genious. I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time, and I've never even seen most of those words. And to think I wasn't even going to look at this thread. )))

Comment

Ali,

I can see that you have spent some time at a University as well. Very amusing. On a less serious note, I wonder whether it is cheaper in the long run to house these people in a university setting than to eliminate Womyns Studies programs and let them lose on the real world to reproduce asexually?
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                    X