Terraforming Techniques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terraforming Techniques

Hello Everyone! I'm pretty new to AC (I've owned it for a while but started up again) and I'm trying to perfect my terraforming. I tried a search but it didn't bring anything up (don't know why). Could someone please post some of the most useful terraforming links and strategy guides that are available? Thanks in advance!

Jerh9e1k5

Try seaching on some of the terraforming items themselves. ie forest, borehole, river, solar collector. Also, you'll definitely want to look for "energy park" (you'll probably like that one).
    Fitz. (n.) Old English
    1. Child born out of wedlock.
    2. Bastard.

Comment

This should get you started.

Comment

Search is disabled isn't it?

Try the very simple but effective "green planet" strat. Plant forests EVERYWHERE and build treefarms and hybrid forests in your bases. Not the MOST effiecient, but very hard to screw up

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

lol, yes that certainly would be hard to screw up, thanks for the replies!

Comment

Just rememebr a few key points.

Always look to get a 2 nut square.

Forest early and often.

Choose your midgame t-forming strategy. Massive re-tforming or green. Followaccordingly.

Green is often easier to follow and doesn't require a base or two to continually pump out clean formers in order to aid the massive re t-forming. Think more bases capable of churning out units.

Massive t-forming more for the turtle builder IMHO.
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

And remember - boreholes are your friends. Condensors too. I often have either a b-hole or condesor+farm on practically every square

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Yes normally I borehole everything as much as possible and spread condensors around, I haven't tried putting them on every square though. I'm going to try that in my next game, I am also going to try the all Green approach. Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Working...
                X