Problem running ACAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem running ACAX

I've just gotten back into AC/AX after a couple months of inactivity, and I'm encountering a problem. I can run AC fine off of my disk, as old and scratched as it is, but as soon as I either install the 4.0 patch or install AX, I get a message about AC not being configured to run with my processer, and then the game window closes. I'm running Windows 2000, with a Pentium 4 2.0 ghtz, and the last time I ran AC it was on a different system. Anyone have any similar problems, or know how to fix this one?

I'm not really sure but I think there is another patch for Windows 2000 computers running SMAX. I don't really know though...
    AMD4EVER

Comment

If you're getting the "processor not supported" message then try adding this line to the alpha.txt

forceoldvoxelalgorithms=1

Could someone confirm that, as I'm going from memory here.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

That line needs to be added to the Alpha Centauri.ini file not the alpha.txt

Comment

Thankyou, I wasn't quite sure.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

It's working, thanks everyone!

Comment

Another satisfied settler

-Jam

Comment

Working...
              X