Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who hates playing on Transcendent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one who hates playing on Transcendent?

I like a challenge but its just annoy how much of a warmonger all the leaders seem to be on transcendent. I have had factions declare vendette on my in our first initial contact. Its not that I cant handle being at war but it gets a little annoying to be at war with 90% of the planet 99% of the time.

It's like living in the middle east rather then then being swiss
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

On Trancend level the AI hates you if...

You are the most powerful,
      You are the weakest,
      You're running the SE choice they hate,
      They are Miriam

So you can stay friendly by running no SE choices, and trying to stay 3rd in the powergraph.

Or simply make your worst foes submissive. If you're Yang, then makes sure to flatten Lal early, or he'll never stop bugging you.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

If you're Yang just flatten everybody since they'll never stop bugging you. Though sometimes Aki is nice
        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Nah, you can make Santiago friendly too, if you run Power, and avoid Wealth and Knowledge. She was once a VERY useful ally against Miriam, even dropping a PB on New Jerusalem for me.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I'll be damned if im going to change my policy to kiss her stuck up arse (even if it is probably a nice arse )

Comment

I recall playing a game where I had to pay massive credits to Miriam for a while, just to avoid being beaten down by her unsurpassed Spartan ally, and this was just at Thinker level. It's problems like these that may prevent me from winning a Transcend level game before 2004.
              Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
              +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
              http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

You are the weakest,
                They are Miriam
                You are neither the weakest nor the most powerful
                You're running any SE choice
                You are male
                You are female
                You have eyes
                etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Method

You are neither the weakest nor the most powerful
                  You're running any SE choice
                  You are male
                  You are female
                  You have eyes
                  etc..
                  Heh to true.

Comment

On this topic, I seem to be having difficulty getting the damned AI to see reason and go submissive with me. I recently had a game playing the Spartans on Transcend (yes, I know I'm always bashing them...) and after a good while I decided to open up a land bridge to my northern neighbor, Domai. A whole crowd of impact rovers, missile infantry and missile batteries later, Domai loses his last base on the continent, and is left with a solitary base on a remote island. So I take a few turns to cook up 4 destroyer transports and fill them with troops, but by the time I get there, he's apparently forgotten how soundly I whupped him when he was at full strength, so he insists on fighting to the last man. Is there anything I can do to force him to see reason?

PS: Never did I commit any atrocities against him, so that's not why.

Comment

Suicidal tendancies, tends to happen with the builders more so then the actual military factions. He knows hes screwed because of you so hes just going to bite away at your ankles and cause as much damage as possible, ie none

Comment

Re: Am I the only one who hates playing on Transcendent?

Originally posted by Pandir
                        I like a challenge but its just annoy how much of a warmonger all the leaders seem to be on transcendent. I have had factions declare vendette on my in our first initial contact. Its not that I cant handle being at war but it gets a little annoying to be at war with 90% of the planet 99% of the time.
                        It's for the same people who play Mortal Kombat blindfolded.
                        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

People still play Mortal Kombat?

Comment

Absolutely agreed. I hate going to war, I play for style and fun and not for efficiency (and that means for me close to zero city radius overlap), and I can manage that at Thinker level. On trans it's just not fun anymore.

On thinker I can make all the early trade offs for late game efficiency that I dig so much and stay on par up until midgame when the trade offs kick in and punch me so far ahead that it's almost ridiculous.

Add in slow blind tech and I'm in Zaks builder heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

You are the weakest,
                              They are Miriam

So you can stay friendly by running no SE choices, and trying to stay 3rd in the powergraph.

Or simply make your worst foes submissive. If you're Yang, then makes sure to flatten Lal early, or he'll never stop bugging you.

-Jam
                              It is 2150. I'm Yang, and Lal (AI) has my common link but he has never bugged me. I have tried to stay out of his sight because I'm sure it would be wiser not to go to war with him with all the other human players standing by and laughing. Now should I try some trick to flatten him? He is still the first in the power graph right now.
                              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                              X