No announcement yet.

-3 Growth: A warning if you're ever tempted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The major conquences of your SE choices are listed on the bottom right of the Social Engerning Screen. If your Growth is -3, on that line you'll see ZERO POPULATION GROWTH in all caps.
    Jon, it's been a few weeks since that fateful day, but AFAICR, it unfortunately read "NEAR-ZERO POPULATION GROWTH", which tricked me into thinking the desciption was mere flavor (like "rampant inefficiency") and the effect was just a 30% larger nut box.

Silly me.

USC
    "'Lingua franca' je latinsky vyraz s vyznamem "jazyk francouzsky", ktery dnes vetsinou odkazuje na anglictinu," rekl cesky.

Comment

Unity, if you want to play with pirates in an MP game, come join us Pirates in tHe Acdg(2) Ac democracy game. eh, leave the -3 behind
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Or you could join the Consciousness. They have the ability to get -3 growth as well.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by UnityScoutChopper:
          Jon, it's been a few weeks since that fateful day, but AFAICR, it unfortunately read "NEAR-ZERO POPULATION GROWTH", which tricked me into thinking the desciption was mere flavor (like "rampant inefficiency") and the effect was just a 30% larger nut box.
          Silly me.
          USC
          This is interesting. I don't have SMAX, but I have the alpha.txt and alphax.txt from the Planetary Pack. Looking at them and comparing them to the alpha.txt on the SMAC-only CD, the -30% Growth text is indeed different:
          • SMAC-only: "-3, ZERO POPULATION GROWTH"
          • PP, both files: "-3, NEAR-ZERO POPULATION GROWTH"
          I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
          X