Gassing Aliens - Atrocity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gassing Aliens - Atrocity?

I searched the forum and found several references to gassing aliens, but is it considered an atrocity?

Also - which of the two gasses do you use?

Please remind me on the questions above, I just got back into SMAX and cannot recall.

Thanks mucho.

Discussions have concerned nerve gas.

Cross species nerve gassing is not an atrocity...has no ecological effect. (It DOES, however, make the vicitm likely to use PBs, if it has them!)

Likewise, cross species plague inducing is not an atrocity. (Very handy for that strongly held Caretaker base with three SPs that you want to capture, rather than destroy!)

I do not know about research assassination across species. I would expect it likewise not to be an atrocity.

The atrocity effect for the progenitor factions is the shutting down of their energy grid for a period of time that corresponds with commerce sanctions for the human factions. I know no way of mitigating that effect similar to te repeal of the UN Charter. It is possible that the status of the Charter also affects the progenitors, but here is no way to know, when playing a progenitor faction, what the status of the charter is. *shrug* You pays your money and you takes your chances.

Using soporific gas is never an atrocity...nor is it particularly effective, in my experience.

Comment

It is possible that the status of the Charter also affects the progenitors, but here is no way to know, when playing a progenitor faction, what the status of the charter is.
      Play a hotseat game, play alien and human, repeal the UN charter with the human, then commit an atrocity with the alien and see what happens.

Comment

I replaced a player (non Alien) with sanctions. I don't know why he has them but can I get the sanction removed if the UN Charter is abolished.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Nope. Sanctions do not disappear after revocation of the Charter. Only time can remove them.

Comment

Working...
          X