SMAC-Xrs Anonymous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC-Xrs Anonymous

With all of the people playing SMAC and writing in to this forum, it looks like we are going to have to start a SMAC-Xrs Anonymous help group!

"Hi. My name is ::your name here::. I have a problem. I cannot stop thinking about SMAC. I find myself trying to rush build my home improvement projects. I tried to send a probe team to my significant other to infiltrate her datalinks and figure out what exactly she meant when she said ::insert topic here::. I close my eyes and see strange symbolic names - D:AP, HGP, WP. I hear a voice from some guy named Vel who keeps on telling me to plant more trees."

This list can go on forever...

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Red Archer (edited May 24, 2000).]</font>

Yeah, you know you're in trouble when you start hearing the voice of Vel when you start up each and every SMAC game.

::tossing in sleep:: ... thin-expansion ... more trees ... pods,pods,pods ... arggh! mindworms ::wakes up shivering::

------------------
    Yours Truly

Comment

You're really in trouble when you know what Vel's voice sounds like when you have never even heard him speak.

Comment

LOL.....Hmmm.....perhaps I'll have to get a friend of mine to make some MP3 files....

Vel's virtual band: Big V and the Mindworm Brigade?

Possible song titles, to include:

"I fought the Drones (and the Drones won)"
        "Spank the Chairman" (to the tune of "Shock the Monkey" by Peter Gabriel?)
        "Walk this Way" (Nekkid thru the trees - a tribute to Dee)

to be followed by selected Datalinks readings....lol

Others?

-=Vel=-
        [This message has been edited by Velociryx (edited May 24, 2000).]
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

LOL...

How 'bout

"Stairway to transcendance"
          "Got a Machine Head" (I think from Beck for Cyborgs)
          "Dude Looks Like a Lady" - For Girl faced hermaphroditic fungal freak child
          "Money" (Pink Floyd version for Morgan)

[This message has been edited by Ogie Oglethorpe (edited May 24, 2000).]
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Love it Og! Do you play any instruments!? We'll have to knock something together....a friend of mine (Druvey, on my site), is a bassist (sitting next to me at work, actually), so we've got the beginnings of....something....::grin::

Tho, unless there's a song I don't know 'bout (which is *highly* probable, given my early-onset of senility), I think "Beck" should be "Bush"?

-=Vel=-
            [This message has been edited by Velociryx (edited May 24, 2000).]
            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

The 80's provide a couple of possibities...

"Rumors" for the Roze and the Angels
              "Whip-It" for Yang

To get the Spartans ready for battle:
              "Bring the Noise" by Public Enemy and Anthrax
              or "We Will Rock You"

And for those MP games where some moron is blockading a chokepoint with a Noodlejet for 15 turns... "We Will Block You"

-Kinjy
              [This message has been edited by Kinjiru (edited May 24, 2000).]

Comment

Vel,

Naww the only instruments I play are: the tape player, the CD player, the VCR, the TV and those I don't even play well. Used to play the trumpet back when I was a kid but I couldn't even read music now.

Bush - Yep that was it!

Anyway here are some more

"Give Peace a Chance" - Lennon? For Lal the Wimp
                "Frankenstein" - Edgar Winter Group for Zak the Mad

or Altenatively:

"She Blinded Me with Science" - Thomas Dolby for Zak the Mad

"In the Navy" - Village people for Sven the sailor

"Purple People Eaters" or "Rapture" (from Blondie 'member the man from mars came down eating cars.... etc.) for the Progenitors

[This message has been edited by Ogie Oglethorpe (edited May 24, 2000).]

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

More like booger colored people eaters

Comment

How about "Shiny Burning People (at PB ground zero)" ?

LoD
                    I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
                    LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
                    civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

I have to get mine in here. They aren't too funny, sorry. For the Drones anything by Rage Against the Machine (Morgan) comes to mind. Here's one for example, "Bulls on Parade." Here is one for Miriam that is kind of weak, "Onward Christian Soldiers."

Comment

We should be able to come up with something better for Miriam. How about Holy War by Lords of the New Church?

Comment

Pearl Jam's Faithfull - "We're faithfull. We all believe"

- MKL
                          [This message has been edited by MidKnight Lament (edited May 31, 2000).]
                          - mkl

Comment

Finally remembered to post this.

Was thinking for Miriam "Proud Miriam (Rollin', Rollin', Rollin' out the rovers!!)

Now need to think of one for the earth witch Dee perhaps

"Witchy Woman"

Comment

I think maybe Deirdre could use 'It's not easy being Green'?

Comment

Working...
                              X