Right Click Menus On or Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Click Menus On or Off?

'Kay, so am I the only person in the world who likes the game better with right-click menus off? I want to inspect plots of land and select cities without opening them *much* more often than I want to use any of the commands on the right-click menu. Am I alone?

No, definately not!

Personally, I don't use right-clik menus, mostly keyboard shortcuts instead.

LoD
    I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
    LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
    civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

I prefer them on, as I can't be bothered to remember all of the keyboard shortcuts.

Comment

B...construct thermal borehole, Q...drill to aquifer, (Ctrl)+(Shift)+F...plant/remove fung... Yes, I know the shortcuts, so I never really use the menus. With large numbers of cities it would simply take too long to use right-click menus; with many years of Civ/Civ2/SMAC, I have learned to make large terraforming decisions very, very fast to keep the game going at any speed. I have the experience to decide where to stick that borehole or echelon mirror fast.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You've been playing SMAC for a year and can't remember the keyonoard shortcuts? JAM, shame on you !

LoD
          I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
          LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
          civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

Oh...I remember the 10, or so, most important ones. It's just the two-dozen, oddball ones that I don't remember.

Comment

Working...
            X