Faction Editor in Planetary Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faction Editor in Planetary Pack

I got the Planetary Pack and would like to use the faction editor. Unfortunately I cannot seem to load it correctly!

I load the editor and it comes up just fine. However, there is no text in any box on the screen and no graphics. There is merely an outline of the dialogue boxes!

I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem? Any help would be appreciated and I've already tried doing 256 colors (currently Im at 1280 x 1040 with 32 bit hi color)

Thanks!
    Keith

I tried using the faction editor which came with the planetary pack the other day, and as I changed screens (from the social engineering page to the others), the stuff from the previous screen would still be there and the new stuff would sort of overwrite it, so that there were words overwriting words and I couldn't tell what was going on....disappointing...

Comment

Hey, I was just about to tell a story about you, but then I had a second look and it was you! How'd you get on?

- MKL
      - mkl

Comment

Yes, i have the overwrite problem too, is there some way of fixing this?

Comment

I hope so, because it's a glaringly obvious problem, and shouldn't be there. It's not like this was just a patch or something. I bought the Planetary Pack as a (supposedly) finished product.

- MKL
          - mkl

Comment

I didn't encounter "overwrite" problems, so it may be a regional problem we're experiencing here. (I have SMAX as a stand alone product, not incorporated in Planetary Pack - it's a UK release.)

I DID encounter an annoying little oversight whereby they forgot to include a faction adjective editor field, which means that every single custommade faction will be called "Hive" as an adjective.

You can always just make alterations to the faction .txt file... that's more basic but also generally successful.

------------------
            "In all creation, there can be no task more onerous or tedious than that of playing God." - Stephen Fry, 'The Liar'.

Homepage http://www.enixine.dabsol.co.uk (Shared)
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I had to reinstall the Pack because for some unknown reason SMAX wouldn't run. It does now, but the overwrite problem with the Faction Editor still exists.

- MKL
              - mkl

Comment

The v. 2.0 patch helps a little, but the bottom line is that the faction editor is still a buggy mess. I use it to check which of the bonuses belong in the 8 slots, and to start off a new version of one of the old factions, because it makes it simple to attach the right graphics. But then you are simply better off editing the faction.txt files by hand. Fortunately, that is not too hard. The faction editor can also can mess up some of the datalinks and dialogue text, so you have to be careful to compare all that text to the way it was in the original factions, and make it identical.

Comment

Working...
                X