No announcement yet.

Yang surrenders for no apparent reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tried Morgan again and I saw that they were stronger than I remembered them. There are a few features with 3+ economy that isn't mentioned on the SE page. Economy 3 gives besides extra commerce rating a +2 energy bonus in each base, in addition to the economy 2 bonus. With economy 4 it's 2 more. So your base squares produce 7 energy each for a FM/Wealth Morganite. No, they're definetly not the worst faction.

Comment

Originally posted by Gufnork
      There are a few features with 3+ economy that isn't mentioned on the SE page. Economy 3 gives besides extra commerce rating a +2 energy bonus in each base, in addition to the economy 2 bonus. With economy 4 it's 2 more. So your base squares produce 7 energy each for a FM/Wealth Morganite.
      This is VERY interesting, Gufnork. I ran a test with Morgan. Here are the results:
      • 1, +1 energy each base
      • 2, +1 energy each square!
      • 3, +1 energy each square; +3 energy/base; +1 commerce rating!!
      • 4, +1 energy/sq; +2 energy/base +5 energy/base; +2 commerce!!!
      • 5, +1 energy/sq; +4 energy/base +5 energy/base; +3 commerce!!!!

Is this a bug or just another example of misinformation in SMAC/X? Or have I done something wrong?

Comment

Morgan is a good faction if you can survive intact upto bio-engineering, if you're hit before you've got a good supply of crawlers out then its goodbye
        The AI military factions normally surrender once they realise they're no longer a military power.

As for Yang surrendering i just lost my first ever game to the AI ...
        I've won the 1 city challenge on a large map, wheres its all nice and easy to sit alone until you've got a few dozen clean choppers so i thought lets try it on small, i'll prob start between santi and yang and have a good old fight (was playing as the drones)
        Well Yang started off on the monsoon jungle so you can guess what he did to the other AI well Lal actually hadn't been hit yet, ocean between them, and he was the only reason Yang didnt get elected supreme leader. Even though i'd been running demo most of the game Yang kept a treaty with me until just after Lal signed a truce with me (damn pk's instantly declared war on me as soon as we met !!!) and in comes 8 jets wipes out most of my coastal crawlers, then 4 choppers rake my base of units and i watch as 2 transports unload around 10 units which i scream "NOOOOOOOOO" to as they move into my base 4 turns before i completed a PB to remove those big jungle bases where they were sitting.

Come to think of it, thats either the usual treacherous AI or the smartest thing i've ever seen it do ...
        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

I've lost a game against the AI trying my best. When Miriram starts in the monsoon jungle right next to you and rover rushes you're in trouble. I had no way to counter Miriam with AI bonuses with laser rovers. I had four bases when she swarmed me.

But I agree, Morgan is a great faction if you can survive up to bio-engineering. I don't even feel you need to go that far, considering the insane amount of basesquare energy they apparently get. If they manage to preserve the peace in the world they're unstoppable.

Comment

Rubin: the +base energy and +tile energy from high economy stack, so your chart should really look like this:

1, +1 energy each base

2, +1 energy each square!

3, +1 energy each square; +2 more energy/base; +1 commerce rating!!

4, +1 energy/sq; +4 more energy/base; +2 commerce!!!

5, +1 energy/sq; +4 more energy/base; +3 commerce!!!!

And, actually, without the bug, +3 economy is trivially better than +2 economy for most of the game.
            "Cutlery confused Stalin"
            -BBC news

Comment

Working...
            X