Gaia attacks Gaia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaia attacks Gaia?

Heres a pic to go with this strange event.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

I couldn't get this to reoccur so I'm glad I took this pic when it actually did work. I was playing Gaia and my turn was just about to begin. The first thing that occurred was a mindworm attack on one of my bases. I kind of thought that was strange since where the worm was attacking from was in the same square that one of my formers had been on. I believe the former had been working to remove the fungus from the square.

As strange as that seemed, I just assumed that this was an event that could occur once in a while although I had never seen it. So I tried to attack the mindworm that was in the square with my former and my rover simply shot at my former! I'm thinking of trying him as a traitor.
    AMD4EVER

Did you have a fungal pop prior to the attack?

I've seen Fungal Towers pop even if formers were stationed in the square. Maybe this is the trigger?!?

Comment

I couldn't access your site. Why not post the file here?
      If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

Wow. That is quite a situation. Did the fungal tower pop up on the former? Perhaps because it has 0 attack, the game could not allow an attack round against the former, so it was "converted" to an enemy?
        "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by Rubin
          Did you have a fungal pop prior to the attack?

I've seen Fungal Towers pop even if formers were stationed in the square. Maybe this is the trigger?!?
          My former was already working on removing the fungus so it couldn't have been a pop.
          Attached Files
          AMD4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by AMD4EVER
            My former was already working on removing the fungus so it couldn't have been a pop.
            Yes it could! That's exactly what I'm referring to! I've seen it many times in SMACX. My formers and the 'aliens' are in the same square --- but only after a fungal pop. I have to move my formers out of the square to avoid collateral damage when I attack the mind worms/tower etc.

Comment

I've seen units get converted to very strange things when I accidentally load a SMAC game as SMAX, or vice versa. I posted a screenshot a while ago of a very odd looking mindoworm. I seem to recall it had formerly been one of my units.

Your situation sounds even stranger than that! But, check to see if you loaded the correct game.

Comment

I'm sure rubins right, i've had pops occur in squares where i've had a unit and when i attacked i killed my own unit then had to attack again to get rid of the enemy
                Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
                  I'm sure rubins right, i've had pops occur in squares where i've had a unit and when i attacked i killed my own unit then had to attack again to get rid of the enemy
                  Happens all the time-- I find a fungal tower under a former or crawler-- My solution is to move the crawler off the square before attacking. This happens so frequently that you should always be looking for it when you see a fungal pop in an area where you have formers/crawlers
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                  X