My friend, Planet... kinda...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend, Planet... kinda...

Here's the story... I was sitting around late game with a massive industrial city, producing oh 200+ minerals a turn (it was pumping orbitals, so I guess its real mineral production was only around 100+ something). Anyway, it had some serious eco damage problems that I was ignoring, hoping that after a few turns in the cloning vats the eco damage would be reduced by trancendents.

All of the sudden, one of the forests nearby blew up, turning into fungus. Nothing new, it had happened before.

And then the worms came.

73 of them. I counted. And all demon boils too. As you can imagine, I screamed like a little creche infant.

Hoping to do as much damage as possible, I pulled out a biggie tank and tried to blow them up. And ended up capturing them. ALL of them. And they all were supported by my industrial city, which, as you can imagine, mineral production dropped like a rock.

But three maxed transports all full of demon boils made my life a tad easier with the believers, who were being naughty. So, thanks Planet, kinda.

And then the turn after that more mind worms came to another city. Unfortunately, they started on magtubes and took a 55 city with at least 5 defenders down to a 12. In one turn. My question - who let them use the magtubes??? "Well, Sir, they paid their ticket cost just like everybody else... who was I to tell them they couldn't get on?"

Planet's a *****, ain't she? 73? My god. I'm glad I wasn't playing as the believers at the time.

------------------
    obligatory dancing link
    My sorry excuse for a website

Comment

I think it sucks that you can't get $ for worms if you capture them. Furthermore, there is no option to kill them instead of capturing them. Forget the worms, I want the dough!

Captured worms are useless for anything but fighting -- they can't be disbanded for minerals, you can't get "Planetpearls" out of them, nada, zip.

BTW, your support problem would be mitigated by keeping the worms on fungus ...

Comment

Um, Vi Vicdi:

Can't you release the worms to the wild, using (I think) Ctrl+Shft+U, and then kill them?

Comment

You can, but sometimes you end up recapturing them again.

Mmmm, 73 worms.... 3650 ec. Nice.

Maybe I should start giving it to Planet more often.

Comment

No, it was about 2450 or so. There is a corralation between year and the ammount of mindworms that pop up from eco damage?

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Working...
              X