Cooperative victory = auto victory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooperative victory = auto victory?

I just played a game as Morgan and allied with the University. I got bored of doing the same old thing so about 100 years into the game when I and the University were the two most powerful factions in the game, I turned over all my bases to him except Morgan Industries. I let him take over the entire world. All he ever defeated was the Spartans and by that time he was easily 3x as strong as any other faction and was planetary govenor. After the fall of the Spartans the cooperative victory was declared and it said that the world was united under the Morgan banner. How in the world does it figure they would unite under my banner if I have only 1 size 4 base? Is it because the Uni had surrendered to me or do all cooperative victories get awarded to the player?
    AMD4EVER

The former, I think. I don't really know. I've never been pacted to an AI that won the game to see how victory was determined in that case.

Comment

He was your bi*ch. If the world is united under your bi*ch it's effectively united under you. Interesting strategy though, but since the AI gets growth, industri and researchbonuses I feel it's almost like cheating.

Comment

The University was actually on the verge of collapse several times in the game I played. The Spartans had him down to one base before I stepped in and started pushing them back. The Uni had no army to speak of when I turned over my bases to them. It was a bit of a struggle for them to get control of the bases I gave them and the Spartans even started pushing them back early on in this little experiment.

The fun factor about this whole thing was how willingly the Uni contacted me every time he discovered a new technology and swiftly handed it over to me. Also Uni boats, planes, rovers, and infantry were constantly patroling my borders of my one remaining base protecting it from all evil It was fun watching the AI worry so much about my survival.
        AMD4EVER

Comment

And you're suprised the world was united under your banner, not his? He would do anything for you. You wanted the world, he gave it to you. I never thought Prokhor could be so romantic. You live and learn.

Comment

One of the dangerous trade-offs of giving your bases to submissives is that the clean mineral count is per-faction, so if you've already cranked out Tree Farms and Hybrid Forests and Genejack Factories, and are producing 40+ minerals per base, then give all those bases to Zak, he's going to be polluting up a storm, seriously improving the chance of Global Warming.

Yes, the AI industry and growth bonuses are strong, but as the many skilled Transcend players here can attest, those bases are still best kept under human control.

Comment

Do genejack factories give you an environment bonus?
              (+1)

Comment

I doubt it. Though it would be interesting to see eco-friendly genemodified humans.
                Promoter of Public Morale
                Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                X