No announcement yet.

Submarines and Aircraft Carriers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no defense against a Blitzkreig if you don't have superior tech. If the enemy has infiltrated your databanks and knows all of your defenses then he already knows that he will be successfull. Like MichaeltheGreat says, you have to do that to him before he does that to you.

You build for one reason, and that is to destroy.
    [This message has been edited by Adam_Smith (edited March 03, 2000).]
    [This message has been edited by Adam_Smith (edited March 03, 2000).]

Comment

Repair decks on carriers won't repair air units? Yikes! I'll have to look into that one. Every time I've had a repair carrier I've also had The Nano Factory, so I might have been fooled by that ...

Comment

Who said Carriers are useless? NO they are not, absoultely NOT! Try playing on a water heavy map and I bet you will certainly find a major need for Carriers. Heck I find a need for Carriers even when I am not playing a water heavy map. I guess it all depends on the way the map is setup and of course your present situation.

The Repair Bay only works on Ground Units and it does state that in the manual and online help. I once had a need for a multi-role type ship that I loaded with BOTH aircraft and infantry. It did have a repair bay on it that I used to repair the infantry on and off the beachhead until I took over the coastal base. With the Carrier stacked with a few AAA ships and a SAM ship those ground units had more the enough protection while on board, well mainly from air strikes.
        -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Hmph. So much for the repair deck. In the early game when trn + marines = max firepower a repair bay would be useful. Too bad it arrives 100 years too late!

Comment

The best carrier attribute is the extra range that it gives your airpower both tactically and strategically. It is capable of being destroyed by airpower or missles, so it pays to keep moving.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
            X