Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the Gaians and the Cult never go Green?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the Gaians and the Cult never go Green?

Really, why don't they? According to the game rules, as soon this choice becomes available, they should go Green. They seem to be the only two factions who betray their ideology in practical terms.
    Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

1. The AI is stupid.
    2. They do go green quite often from my experience.
    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I only rarely see them in Green - never when at war.
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I was under the impression that the AI _had_ to change to their preferred SE choice when it became available. Mind you, I think very few factions are truly better off taking a purist line (Yang and Morgan being among those few), and I'd be much relieved to discover that the AI is bright enough to realize when abandoning it's agenda is in it's best interests.

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
          1. The AI is stupid.
          All other factions always stick to their preferred SE choice, no matter what.

2. They do go green quite often from my experience.
          I only rarely see them in Green - never when at war.
          In my experience, they may go green, but only at the very end of the game, never in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO Aaron
            ... and I'd be much relieved to discover that the AI is bright enough to realize when abandoning it's agenda is in it's best interests.
            If the AI were smart enough to act in it's best interest, probably the best choice for both the Gaians and the Cult would be to go Planned. They already have Planet bonus. Going Green doesn't add too much to it.

But the whole ideological concept of factions implies that they should stick to their preferred SE choice no matter what.

Comment

It's like the European green parties: When you announce you are green you don't need to act green anymore.
              Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Originally posted by Adalbertus
                It's like the European green parties: When you announce you are green you don't need to act green anymore.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Adalbertus
                  Yeah, the Gaians don't forget their roots.

Comment

I've always looked at the integral faction bonuses and penalties as the actual demonstration of their idealogical choices, not the SE selections. So the Gaians are always green; their planned is a 'green planned' (as they still retain thier efficiency and planet bonuses), and their green is actually radical green.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

That said, I've often seen the leaders head for their preferred choices -- at least, they do when I haven't set the game to scramble their tiny little minds.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                      X