crawler, SPs and multiplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crawler, SPs and multiplayer

Over the last few weeks I've played a couple of SMAX multiplayer over LAN.

My crawlers seem to be unable to add their full mineral value to the base's secrt project.

I usually build a cheap crawler, then I upgrade it to best armour and some other expensive things like drop pods or clean reactors, before I take them into the SP-building base and disband them.

This works fabolously in single player, but, alas, not in multiplayer. Is this how it is supposed to be, or am I doing something wrong?
    -bondetamp
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    -H. L. Mencken

By "disbanding", do you mean you actually press Shift+D when the crawler is active in the base ? I have never tried it that way, but maybe that's what your problem is.

Try this: When your crawler arrives in the base where the project is being built, a menu will pop up offering you the option to rush the construction. Choose that and you'll see the full value added.

Aredhran

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Aredhran on 02-22-2000 04:26 AMTry this: When your crawler arrives in the base where the project is being built, a menu will pop up offering you the option to rush the construction. Choose that and you'll see the full value added.

Aredhran

Not in multiplayer.

Not as far as I know, anyway.

-bondetamp
      The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
      -H. L. Mencken

Comment

In MP IP SMAC/X games you must use the 'O' key to pop-up the crawler menu manually. Then you can get full minerals for your crawlers.

SMAX n ... Ted S.

Comment

Working...
        X