Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zak lives !!!

Check this out:

The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

(reproduced below (my bold italics !!):

St Louis – NHL Draft Picks

101st Overall
    Konstantin Zakharov
    Height: 6-1
    Weight: 185
    Born: May 2, 1985, Minsk, Belarus
    Position: Forward
    Shoots: Right
    Team: Junost Minsk BLR
    Central Scouting Report:
    A good skater with fine speed and balance ... good overall skill level ... smooth hands, a fine passer and playmaker ... has good selection of shots, can score in many ways ... reads the game well ... strong on the puck ... effective two-way player ... good hard working team player and fine competitor ... captain in Belarus '85 team ... a leader on and off the ice ... a key forward on Belarus team at 2003 World Junior Championship (4gp 1-1-2) ... not from a hockey family …. younger brother, Prokhor, excels in science (nine years old)….. Konstantin is expected to move to a Russian league team for the 2003-04 season ... has lifted his game to a high level during the 2002-03 season ... won scoring title at World Junior under 18 championships with five goals and 11 assists for 16 points.
    Season Team League GP G A PTS PIM
    2002-03 Junost Minsk BEL 34 26 28 54 34

so Prokhor 'd be born in 1994, just like the manual says ....

G.

You had me surprised for a moment. You shouldn't have included that link though.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Zakharov is not a very unusual name in Russian families. I'd be more freaked out if you found a child named Prokhor Zakharov who was born late in the 1990s, though, as that would be a coincidence with SMAC.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I actually believed you before I read the other two posts twice and finally decided that I should check the link out ...
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

note hes from Belerus - the language is close to Great Russian, IIUC, so name may common there also, or is this guy ethnically Great Russian?
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Prokhor doesn't seem to be too popular. Except Mwabudike it is the only first name of one of the "first" seven faction leaders which gives a Google reference to SMAC on the first page. Most other references are to some Saint Prokhor of Sarov.
            Btw. officially, Zak is born in Russia and not in Belarus, and we do know date and place of his birth. Perhaps someone of you can hack into the official registers of Cherskij?
            Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

The Chairman will be celebrating his fifth birthday soon in his hometown of Wuhan. Don't miss the fireworks and napalm.
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Thanks for the reminder Ali! Comrades in the Hive will hold great celebrations in all bases. You are hereby invited as our special honored guest.
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Great! I'll bring the rice wine, you bring the envelopes of lucky money!
                  "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Some funny references:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...684451-5866325 - Apparently there is a Deirdre Skye who reviews books at Amazon.com;

http://www.espnstar.com/dreamteam/bios/maincontent.html - There's a reference to Pravin Lal in the Hari Lal link;

http://pravinmahajan.tripod.com/proj...der/people.htm - This is a personal site with reference to some sort of "Project Spider". Go the section titled "Back to School", there he is, Mr. Pravin Lal.

And finally, someone already chose the cast for a future Alpha Centauri movie. There's even a story outlined for it. Here's the link:

From distributors barely remembered and films long forgotten, to the biggest actors and filmmakers of the decade, we are your ticket to the movies.
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Its so obvious. Zak=Zak McCracken
                      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Working...
                      X