Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the earliest game victory you've seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the earliest game victory you've seen?

Just curious.

While I'm asking questions: How is the tech point cost for each tech calculated?

The earliest victory I have ever personally had was a conquest victory attempting the " Nomad Challenge" . You were not permitted to build any bases and had to win by conquest, eradicating any captured bases ( not really a hard challenge if the map cooperates but impossible if it does not-- how can you get a ship to reach distant enemies) . On a small map, I did it by 2160ish IIRC. There have been conquests much earlier and some super fast ones on custom maps

The earliest transcend win is somewhere around 2167 or so IIRC-- I believe that was on a default "small" map

Tech points-- I do not know how they are calculated except that

1.they generally go up with each tech you research
    2. the tech cost ( for any tech beyond your first researched tech) is set at the time you begin research on that tech and does not change if you acquire additional techs
    2. The tech level of your opponents plays a part--
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

In the fast transcend challenge, people conquered planet before transcending in the early 70's, so if they'd had conquest victory enabled that would probably have produced some very fast times.
      My personal best is 2148, conquest with Spartans, on a tiny map.

Conquering in the 2160's without building bases is damn impressive, though, Flubber. I'll have to give that a try. Cult of planet game, I presume?

Comment

Playing a multiplayer game with a couple friends, one of them won in year 2126. We NEVER have played with cooperative victory enabled again.
        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Earliest I've seen is 2158, Diplomatic Victory. Me vs. AI.

Guess who won?

Although I did have to do some underhanded deals
          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
          *****Citizen of the Hive****
          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I play very slowly myself, but I've heard stories of transcendence in 2215 . . .
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity

Conquering in the 2160's without building bases is damn impressive, though, Flubber. I'll have to give that a try. Cult of planet game, I presume?
              It was a cult game although it would be technically possible with the gaians I guess. Being able to move fast through fungus and the worms abilities to heal themselves in fungus were both key. It actually wasn't much of a challenge of skill once you try it. The only real decision was where to try to hide your colony pods and how much to guard them with

The most frustrating part was the map-- most times at least one faction will be off on an island somewhere and with no boats and no formers . . . . I didn't have the patience to see if the AI would build a land bridge for me or to see if some pod might give me a boat
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Earliest recorded victory by Transcendence at Transcend level was Korn469, as the Spartans, in 2185 (see the HoF lists)

G.

Comment

I played a game on tiny map as the Hive when I conquered all other factions by 2135. I'd been extremely lucky in pod popping, though - my army basically consisted of three Mk1 Battle Ogres.
                  "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

How do people transcend in 60-80 years? Do you have to set up several energy parks to get enough energy for research? If it's small or tiny map, you may be able to trade some techs but then you may have to deal with aggressive enemies also.
                    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

The super fast transcend victories were done by getting submissive AI factions ASAP on a tiny map, then letting the AI research for you. By keeping good track of who is researching what and when they're getting it, you can go really fast, especially with the AI's research bonus on transcend.
                      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Well, the smaller the map the faster the techs come ... and when you conquer a faction, get a submissive rather than eradicate it, and share all techs with it, so then you are doubling, then tripling, etc, your research rate

That's but one piece of the puzzle - I'm not the best example, though, as I'm just not the conquering type (I prefer a long game, on 256 x 256 maps)

G.

Edit - LOL - cross posted with BustaMike above

Comment

Wow I definitely have to try this route just for the experience of fastest transcend.
                          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

zsozso transcended in 54 turns http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=77308

IT was a custom 16X16 map where he played Zak against a bunch of morganites

Comment

Working...
                            X