How do you install Alien Crossfire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you install Alien Crossfire?

Can someone please help me? I've downloaded Alien Crossfire but I'm not sure where to extract the files. I went through the usual routine of letting the computer decide, clicked on the update patch and extracted the terranx file. Something has changed, because when I went to play the game, I was given a choice of Other instead of Load when choosing players, but clicking that just took me to the change screen. Also, when I click on the terranx file, I just get an error message (unable to allocate draw-buffer...). Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing?

I suspect you have a corrupted copy of terranx. You should try reloading SMAC again.

Comment

Sounds like you need the noCD crack.

get it here

Comment

Hmm, I've tried both suggestions and have come up with the same problems. Guess I'm just not meant to play the extension

Comment

I've had some similar problems with the expansion --- but I don't recall exactly what it was. The Other instead of Load ... well ... I think that was one of the strange things happening...

Now, I cannot tell you what to do, but I can tell you that I tried the noCD terranx. I didn't work properly. I found a different(?) noCD terranx --- it did produce better results, but my graphics were strange. So I reinstalled the SMAC and SMACX. Applied the updates (for both versions I think - v5 and v2), and finally I patched the "second" noCD terranx. The game was perfect after that!!!

I'm not sure why, though. Try reinstalling the whole thing!

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X