Repeal U.N. Charter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeal U.N. Charter question

What exactly are the effects of the Repeal U.N. Charter proposal? Is it only the economic sanctions caused by minor atrocities - e.g. nerve stapling - that are affected? I haven't been able to quite figure out what is does...

A bit of help needed...

Nerve stapling & nerve gas become alowed when the UN Charter is Repealed. Plus, If the UN Charter is NOT repealed & you use them, you suffer ecodamage, so repeal it if you plan on using nerve gas & / or nerve stapling.
    "Close only counts in horseshoes & Fireball Spells!!!" From "Tangled Webs

Comment

~Wistles~ My god! The years that I spent reading what everybody posted are paying off!
      "Close only counts in horseshoes & Fireball Spells!!!" From "Tangled Webs

Comment

I've had a strange experience with repealing the UN Charter once. Playing the Cult, I repealed the Charter once, something I rarely do - I don't even recall why I did it in that game. Decades later I was beating up the Gaians, until they were reduced to their last few bases. Odd enough, they refused to surrender and become submissive pact mates. Then, just to see if anything would happen, I reinstalled the UN Charter. Immediately after that I recontacted the Gaians, and now they were willing to surrender.

So my question is: Is this just a coincidence, or will factions never surrender if the UN Charter is repealed? Perhaps because the other faction leaders are scared what might happen to them and their faction without some UN rules forcing the conquering faction to be lenient?
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
        X