Fungus vs Forests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johndmuller

Sikander, did you get busted or something and lose all your posts? I can't believe that you would otherwise be in this position as I feel like I've read a King's-Worth of your posts already. (If you really are looking for the old +1's this will give you and excuse to get another.)
    Can you beleive Zsozso is a Prince too? We should start a +1 thread for these "SMAC Gods" guys.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

We already have a forum for that. It's called AC - Democracy Game.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Well said. And the Pirates nearly had a new recruit called Iskander. But haven't heard from him/her since. It would be good to get Sikander into the Pirates instead.

Kelp and tidal, kelp and tidal, an old Pirate motto
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

There he could offer lots of advice and frequently, on new tricks and old.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

In the late game, when I have gone Democracy / Green /Wealth / Cybernetic (& hopefully have gotten the Manifold Nexus), I then make it a priority to build the Manifold Harmonics. Fungus then becomes VERY attractive. Unfortunatly I am often times loth to give up my valuable terraforming. However, in my conquested cities, the fungus becomes a God sent item for helping build up my economy at that point.

However, in the early game I *HATE* fungus! In that case, it is forest, forest, forest! At least untill boreholes become profitable!
            "Close only counts in horseshoes & Fireball Spells!!!" From "Tangled Webs

Comment

Originally posted by johndmuller

Sikander, did you get busted or something and lose all your posts? I can't believe that you would otherwise be in this position as I feel like I've read a King's-Worth of your posts already. (If you really are looking for the old +1's this will give you and excuse to get another.)
              No, I have never had a post count reduction. I haven't played any MP to speak of, which tends to crank up one's post productivity. Perhaps you have seen me post in the OT thread where they don't count. Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to build my count up once again. I'm just shooting for King, Emporer is beyond my expected lifespan at this rate.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                Well said. And the Pirates nearly had a new recruit called Iskander. But haven't heard from him/her since. It would be good to get Sikander into the Pirates instead.

Kelp and tidal, kelp and tidal, an old Pirate motto
                It sounds interesting, but my forays on to the internet are pretty much limited to work (by mutual agreement between my girlfriend and myself), and subject to occasional droughts of a month or more when I'm on vacation, or work gets really busy. I have tried to limit my long term obligations on the internet for this reason, including quitting the three RP games that I had been playing. Does the demo game have a link? Perhaps I might kibbitz a bit if that is allowed.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

In fact the Demo Game is just the right place for you. As long as you are not the turn player you don't have to be there all the time and you can still offer your valuable experiences since there ARE quite some new players like myself who could benefit from experienced players like you.
                  Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Is your signature quotation from the Economist's judgement of President Hu Jintao, HongHu?
                    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Surprised you noticed that one, Ali That's right and I think that fits me pretty well. Considering my inexperiency for the game and the last name Hu
                      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Does the demo game have a link? Perhaps I might kibbitz a bit if that is allowed.
                        In my sig

Surprised you noticed that one, Ali
                        I've learnt never to be surprised by our Ali

-Jam
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

No, I have never had a post count reduction. I haven't played any MP to speak of, which tends to crank up one's post productivity. Perhaps you have seen me post in the OT thread where they don't count. Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to build my count up once again. I'm just shooting for King, Emporer is beyond my expected lifespan at this rate.

Ya MP games put me where I am since each POBEM game is a couple of hundred posts.

As for the demo game, the beauty is that you can joinb a faction and be as involved or uninvolved as you want. You just have to accept what might get done in your absence. Since the demo game is actually 5 separate demo games played as a pbem, you could likely only kibbitz for one team ( likely by joining them) . So far only googlie gets to see everything.
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                          X