Does Anybody Have xdfe53.dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anybody Have xdfe53.dll

I thought I would give SMAC a go again and went to install Alien Crossfire...instant error message regarding the file "xdfe53.dll". Does anybody have this file?

Thanks
    "Slander, lies, character assassination--these things are a threat to every single citizen everywhere in this country. And when even one American--who has done nothing wrong--is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril" - Harry S. Truman, Address at the Dedication of the New Washington Headquarters of the American Legion, August 14, 1951

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

I looked for this file on my computer and didn't find it. SMAC and SMAX both work. I also had a look on my SMAX CD - it wasn't there. Maybe you'll start a Google search on the file name?
    Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Thanks for looking. I did a Google search as well as several other and all I come up with is a few others asking for the file. I think it must be a Windows XP issue.
      "Slander, lies, character assassination--these things are a threat to every single citizen everywhere in this country. And when even one American--who has done nothing wrong--is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril" - Harry S. Truman, Address at the Dedication of the New Washington Headquarters of the American Legion, August 14, 1951

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Comment

OK, I'm currently on Windoze 98

Comment

I got the same problem here.

I downloaded Crossfire off the internet. When I unzipped the file and tried to install, I got the same error.

I'm running Windows XP home, have the original version of SMAC and downloaded patch v.4 and the Windows 2000/XP compatability patch. WTF is going wrong here?
          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
          *****Citizen of the Hive****
          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Nothing on my comp...
            "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

I downloaded Crossfire off the internet.
              Can you legally do so? Or was it the patch? Or was it Mac? If there is a legal Windoze download, please state the URL ...

Comment

There are a few websites that deal with "abandonware" - software that is no longer being offered for sale by the publishers. Technically it is illegal to obtain these software programs via these websites. Alien Crossfire is no longer sold at retail (at least in the U.S.) so is avaiable at some of these sites. You could also obtain some copies of this "abandonware" via online auctions.

See this article for more info: http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/fea...c/abandonware/

Comment

Working...
                X