Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY-2203 (4) Planning & Execution Thread

Turn's up

(I'm assuming that the Gaians' comments re: a scrap metal sale means that they have shot down our 3 noodles)

Edit: unfortunately it's the Angels turn - so nothing to look at yet
    Last edited by Googlie; February 18, 2006, 21:21.

The real Spartan turn is up now.

We only lost about half of our planes on the Gaian front!

The Angels have quite strangely (stupidly?) parked some aircraft next to two of our bases near Hiveland. They didn't even try to do damage to the forces in or around Manufacturing Warrens.

Yang destroyed a few formers near Gythium Harbor. We can easily shoot down those planes.

We now have organic superlubricant.
    Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

The Angels might be desperate to slow our advance, so rather then attacking us and dying, they could forcing us to invest time in taking them out. Crazy enough to be likely

A chopper from 3nuts could probably take out two crawlers and their SAM speeder next to flowers preach. Sounds like a decent enough investment?

Comment

A chopper from 3nuts could probably take out two crawlers and their SAM speeder next to flowers preach. Sounds like a decent enough investment?
        I think that would be a fine investment (the Gaians cannot win an equally devastating war of attrition against us), assuming that the Gaians don't have F-10's in the neighborhood to provide air cover.

Now that we have fusion laser weapons (A-10), we need to design some new units. What shall those be? And we only have so many empty unit design slots.

I already designed a simple fusion rover and put one in production at Social Engineering Den (now renamed Port Monsoonoria).

And maybe we could do some unit upgrades in order to free up some of those slots? We could also prune some of the "builder-bob" units from our unit design workshop to make room.

Edit: on the Gaian front, we could also take out that F-10 and SAM rover at (63,61) with an F-8 and a round-trip flight of a chopper.

Edit#2: And is there still any reason we need to be diverting 10% of our energy to psych?
        Last edited by Zeiter; February 19, 2006, 12:00.
        Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Umm...why am I unable to save the game? I can access all of the other menu commands except save. Even ctrl+S doesn't work. Is anyone else having this problem with this file?

Comment

I can't save the game either - but I can hit "turn complete" and it advances the year to Gaians 2204

Comment

I guess that one of us (Zeiter?) needs to run the turn in its entirety in one sitting (presumably, Z, you just exited the game when you couldn't save, or is it still open on your rig? - if the former, or if I play it, we'll obviouxly have replay messages)

Comment

The game is still open on my computer. I can play it all the way through.

So...as to my earlier questions...any thoughts? Or am I to simply take the initiative and do as I see fit with these problems?

Comment

I think we should take out the F-10 (what are the odds of losing that fight?) and the SAM rover first. I'm more skeptical of the attack proposed by me since it is quite likely that they have fighter cover.

We really need infiltration on these guys. What is the current plan? Load a probie on a cruiser and infiltrate one of the bases close to shore?

Comment

I suggest using our 3 Chaos choppers to take out as many crawlers and formers as possible (from tiles that can be covered by our interceptors, if that is possible) - send a chpper to the tile, then send a fighter to cover it, then use the chopper to attack the units - if a Gaian fighter scrambles, we'll have fighter protection)

61:67 is such a tile, as is 63:73

I'd return the 2 B-8's from 67:69 to base, and again, I suggest we upgrade all B-8's to X. Next turn we can totally eliminate Virgin Soil and the Cloning Vats with as many B-8's as it takes

And we don't need the psych allocation - that's a leftover from the captured Morgan bases - we now have adequate police in all (or will have next turn in Esquimalt)

Comment

Wow does that sort of fighter cover really work? In that case - let's do it.

Comment

Ummm...I've completed the turn and hit "turn complete," but the game won't even let me save it when it pulls up the Gaian 2204 turn password window...what to do? The game is still running on my machine, just so you know.

Comment

I have an idea. I don't know if this would even work, but one of the mods could pm me the password for the Gaian turn. I could open up the turn and try saving it from their turn. If this course of action were to be taken, I would be willing to voluntarily resign myself from the rest of this ACDG.

Comment

And by the way, this last turn went very well. Assuming we are able to find a way to move this next turn forward, I will write up a report of what actions were taken and their results.

Comment

I must get to bed right now, but tomorrow evening I will try to replay the turn using Kody's (hopefully repaired) save file.

Comment

Working...
                              X