No announcement yet.

MY-2203 (3) Planning & Execution Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa, I just noticed that the Data Angels also have the organic superlube tech now. They are, in fact, prototyping a fusion bomber as we speak.

Is there any way we can get a probe over to Manufacturing Warrens and steal that tech for ourselves?

Oh wait, Yang himself is completing organic superlube next turn. We can just steal it from him, then. Do we have any probes in position for that?

Ah, nevermind. Problem solved: production at Social Engineering Den retooled to fusion speeder probe team. Engineer put on rocky tile. Probe team production will barely finish next turn.
    Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Some suggestions for re-naming of Hive bases:

Social Engineering Den--> Port Monsoonoria
      Hole of Aspiration--> Citadel of Aspiration
      Laborer's Throng--> Soldier's Throng
      Great Collective--> Santiago's Rock
      The Hive--> Mount Triumph
      Unity Lair --> Monsoon Heights
      Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

The turn is complete. I'll let people review the endturn save to make sure everything is satisfactory.

The nerve gas raid on Flower's Preach was undertaken, and was a relative success.

The losses on our side: 4 B-8 bombers, 1 BX-8 bomber (I'm assuming that the Gaians will be able to take out the 3 bombers currently positioned right next to Flower's Preach).

The losses on their side: 2 fusion fighters, one 1-<3>-2*2 plasma speeder defender, and 7 population points at Flower's Preach.

Note: We still have a lot of aircraft in Southern Arcadia with movement points remaining. I just ordered them to hold. If you can think of a good way to use these units this turn, by all means let's hear it. Otherwise, I will post the turn in a few hours before going to sleep.
        Attached Files

Comment

The Chaos Chopper at 3Nuts can sortie and take out that former at 66:64 and return to base

Our interceptors can sortie and destroy some of those coastal sensors the Gaians have (and then we can send bombers to those fighter endturn points to take out any crawlers and formers that are adjacent - they will be protected by the fighters)

Comment

Manu Warrens needs stockpile energy in the build Q - Red Fungus can be taken out of it

Fort Liberty - wouldn't it be better to put everyone to work there and construct a speeder crawler in 1 turn then MM a Hab Complex? - it'd grow faster that way

Actually, that's a BoB-40 on 0:16. Put a Planetbuster in production there and then add that BoB-40 to it and then retire the design - with everyone working, for another 20 or 30 energy credits we get an instant Hab Complex

Comment

Originally posted by Zeiter
              Some suggestions for re-naming of Hive bases:
              Laborer's Throng--> Soldier's Throng
              Given that Santiago is our leader, maybe Soldier's Thong?

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                Our interceptors can sortie and destroy some of those coastal sensors the Gaians have (and then we can send bombers to those fighter endturn points to take out any crawlers and formers that are adjacent - they will be protected by the fighters)
                Actually, given that our fighters are Elite (chaos at 8 x 1.5) they'll defeat any Green Fusion interceptors (10 x 1) that are on Alert. So if we attack any static targets such as crawlers and formers, they will draw out the Gaian fighters who will then lose a battle with us. At worst, when the turn moves to the Gaians they will be able to scramble fighters not placed on Alert, and prolly kill our damaged fighters, but we'll take a 1 for 1 swap any day given our superior # bases and production capacity

(But I still think that taking out their coastal sensors with our fighters, then using our bombers to attack targets from that fighter endturn tile is still a better tactic - our fighters don't get damaged and can then survive a Gaian counter-attack as well as protecting our bombers)

Comment

Done. 3 Gaian fusion fighters, 4 crawlers, and 1 former destroyed. No losses on our side so far.

Manu Warrens needs stockpile energy in the build Q - Red Fungus can be taken out of it

Fort Liberty - wouldn't it be better to put everyone to work there and construct a speeder crawler in 1 turn then MM a Hab Complex? - it'd grow faster that way

Actually, that's a BoB-40 on 0:16. Put a Planetbuster in production there and then add that BoB-40 to it and then retire the design - with everyone working, for another 20 or 30 energy credits we get an instant Hab Complex
                  Done.

This is the final endturn save. I'm passing it on to the Gaians now. Excellent help with this turn, Googlie and everyone!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Great work with the turn, Zeiter, esp the Hive second front

Comment

Given that Santiago is our leader, maybe Soldier's Thong?
                      Hehehe, good one. We will change it next turn, along with the others.

Comment

If three factions get a tech, should we not get it for free? You know, from that what's-its-name project we built a while back?

Originally posted by Zeiter
                        Two cruisers full of chaos rovers could just roll through those coastal cities in one turn easily.
                        Does this mean we might have a plan for a follow-up move after the bombing(s) and the infiltration?
                        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

If three factions get a tech, should we not get it for free? You know, from that what's-its-name project we built a while back?
                          Doh! I totally forgot about that. I guess that probe team being built at Social Engineering Den can be put to other uses...such as the Gaian infiltration party, perhaps?

Comment

The Gaian Infiltration Party needs some planning, as they will by now have aerospaces in almost every base, so dropping in might need a few moves (drop somewhere hugely protected by intercdeptors then move overland)

Another option would be to ferry them over and then move overland to a targeted base (we have that old 5mp trannie at Southport - it could carry 2 probes)

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                              The Gaian Infiltration Party needs some planning, as they will by now have aerospaces in almost every base, so dropping in might need a few moves (drop somewhere hugely protected by intercdeptors then move overland)

Another option would be to ferry them over and then move overland to a targeted base (we have that old 5mp trannie at Southport - it could carry 2 probes)
                              Is it not possible to drop probes near bases with aerospaces? It wouldn't matter much if they're damages as long as we can clear the base with bombers prior to the infiltration.

I know you can't drop non-military units to within enemy zoc:s, does this apply to probes with the token synthmetal armor? (they don't get a -50% non-combat combat penalty)

Also, Glowmite towers will be a coastal base after the land levels rise, yummy!

Comment

Working...
                              X