Welcome, former Morganites!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vishniac
    Yeah! The plan was either to capture and hold, or to destroy, the base with the Virtual World (and the Cyborg Factory) and it would have ensured that we'll get the HSA instead of them.

After that, if we captured and hold, they would have been in disarray and we could have started a full-fledged invasion. (At least, that was the plan art the time).
    But due to them obliteration their bases, you attacked us.

Seems like they made a good decision then.
    no sig

Comment

We should go back and check the threads

But I seem to recall something going wrong in our initial attack, and that they were going to be quite capable of staving off our pretty small taskforce (3 or 4 land units I believe). They could have certainly averted the immediate threat by obliterating the one single base we had emptied (but were unable to capture). I definately remember their reaction being far too powerful. Of course they could not know the size of our attack force.

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy
        But due to them obliteration their bases, you attacked us.

Seems like they made a good decision then.
        I beg to differ. They overdid with their "defense", effectively putting themselves out of the game. At the same time they allowed us to roll over the next target even sooner than we planned. It was as if they had sabotaged their own (and everyone elses who is not Spartan) cause.
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Yes, if they had not obliterated so many bases, we would have been forced to concentrate on them for longer, if only for defensive purposes. But, as it turned out, they went way too far with the obliterations and needlessly crippled themselves, diminishing the extent to which they were a threat to us. Yes, it may have diminished the short term "juicy-ness" of them as a target, but in the end their obliterations will have sealed their fate (unless they can mount some sort of miraculous campaign against Yang and take over all of the jungle or something).
          Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeiter
            (unless they can mount some sort of miraculous campaign against Yang and take over all of the jungle or something).
            And if we see that happening, they just might see us in the jungle instead.
            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44

And if we see that happening, they just might see us in the jungle instead.
              Although now that Yang has fusion power it's going to be much tougher going for the Data Angels. And in terms of industrial output, Yang's is four times that of the Data Angels!
              Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Working...
              X