No announcement yet.

MY 2194 Planning & Execution Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ack, I really can't turnplay these next few turns (1. I've never turnplayed, and 2. if there was ever a bad time for me to turn play, it is now. (Let's just say, I helped organize and launch a school walkout to protest the Bush Administration, and law enforcement isn't looking on me too kindly right now). The main thing to consider is how to get the units and task forces described in the general battle plan on the specified cruisers and assembled by the given dates. And as for getting bioenhancement centers, I don't think it's necessary. We could still cash those crawlers and get 1 or 2 additional units, which would be better, in my opinion, than building bioenhancement centers and cashing crawlers for units. But I guess either way will work.
    Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

To help out - and following the line of a Morgan invasion, here are some more moves:

Arcadian Task Force has sailed
      • Upgraded our 2 cruiser transports to Fusion
      • Loaded the trannie at Defiance freehold with the Steppenwolf, the R-112, the Sileni and the missile infantryman and sailed north from that base
      • Moved the IoD offshore at Assassins Redoubt, and boarded one of the traveling Missile Marines on board. Moved the other ready for boarding next turn
      • Moved the slow transport by Kel harbour north
      • Moved the 2 Elite Probe teams in Defiance Freehold north to Assassins Redoubt – they’ll board the IoD next turn as well
      Laconian Task Force
      • Put a Fusion transport into production at Gythium harbour
      • Put F-8’s into production at Fort Buster, Fort Superiority Fort Liberty and Olympus Academy
      • At Rio Grande, took the worker off the fungus tile (just 1 nut) and allocated to a forest tile. Put a Civic Guard in production (we’ll need a couple more to free up the Ogres from police duty)
      general moves and builds
      • for maximum flexibility next turn for the war effort, rushed crawlers in:
        Tegea Harbour (12 credits)
        Craterwest (15)
        Kel harbour (15)
        Minas tirith (8)
        2 Nuts Strand (11)
        Iaci Base (12)
        Argos (9) – see below
      • Used the crawler at Olympus Academy, and the one outside Fort Soup to rush the missile, then MM’d a Drop Misisle squadman (plus 7 and 4 credits respectively)
      • At Argos, put its crawler to work the mine (not sure if that was earmarked for an AU instabuild)

Just a few formers and assorted units to move and that'll do the turn

Edited to add further moves and a new save

Carrying on …….
      • Moved an F-6 from Defiance Freehold to cover the transoport, and also with the general Tacticus
      • Kept the Disco Volante going soputh – if we can sneak it thru Drogue Narrows and Conquistador Channel, maybe we can get Gaian infiltration (but Lily of the Valley is their only coastal base)
      • Played in the southern fungus with the Njord and the IoD there, but nothing stirred
      • 2 Hoplites at Taygetus rumbled in the fungus to no avail
      • Overlooked a Janissary at Defiance freehold, so sent it to Ass red where it can biard the IoD
      • in the absence of orders, put the Defiance freehold crawler to work the forest
      • Mindworm trolling in Southern Arcadian fungus captured a spore launcher
      • didn’t know what to do with Fort Sol’s crawler, so put the mineral worker onto a forest tile and sent the crawler to work the minerals
      • sent 2Nuts 2 formers on the Rio Rojo towards MT to road/mine the coastal rocky tile in its southwest suburbs (maybe a borehole, aided by 2Nuts other 2 crawlers when they finish the mine they are currently working on?)
      • started the 3 formers (2 actually) in the Research quad southwest to borehole the energy special at Argos’ coast
      • moved Ironholm’s crawler off the 2 min forest tile to work the newly comnpleted 4 min mine
      • sent the idle Ironholm former to assist its colleage in defungussing the river tile in its radius
      • Builder Bob at Ironholm/Fort lib was flashing – not sure if he was meant to be used for a Fort Soup upgrade. Moved him to AU’s base radius, and put a missile in production there – next turn we can MM a Fusion lab at AU

I see that I’m now treading on Maniac’s territory, so I’ll stop my meddling and let M finish it
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Googlie; November 3, 2005, 02:06.

Comment

Do we want to launch governor elections?

I don't really have the time, but I guess I'll have to finish the turn - deadline soon.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Zeiter
          (Let's just say, I helped organize and launch a school walkout to protest the Bush Administration, and law enforcement isn't looking on me too kindly right now)
          Is it already forbidden to protest in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
            Do we want to launch governor elections?
            Ah, yes. We did talk about that

(And do we want to sell orbital spaceflight to Yang? - and to Zak as well? - we can always use the credits)

Comment

Above post not too clear, I see on reflection

Yes, we do want to call governor elections
              Last edited by Googlie; November 3, 2005, 09:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                Yes, we do want to call governor elections
                In that case, could you please open the endturn and launch them? I played further to the end, but didn't call elections as that hadn't been fully discussed yet IIRC. Eg you raised the questions whether Yang would be willing to support us if it were Gaians versus Spartans. Personally I doubt that seeing our wicked reputation (eg he also doesn't want to sign a mere treaty with us for that reason), but that's of course a wild guess.

As for the turn, I'm afraid I didn't have the time to have a thorough look at it. Just moved the remaining units, and for the rest did little. I have the feeling this turn has been kinda chaotic. I blame Civ4!
                • New RG guard is moving to SC1 to replace the ogre there.
                • GH trannie hurried with a nearby crawler that was just harvesting a forest.
                • AU fusion labs hurried with a crawler. One was specifically upgraded for a fusion lab in AU (that one was used) - the other was meant for a FS fusion lab as suggested.
                • Lacking other ordersor empty squares to forest, the formers near FB begin on another condenser.
                • Moved the air fleet near the Angels a bit to the north. I have no idea whether they are included in a Morganic invasion, but just in case I didn't want to delay them a turn. can always be sent immediately back again next turn if necessary.
                • The new FB crawler has been placed on a forest. This allowed FB to finish a chaos chopper this turn already, so I switched production to it.

In case there's a reload warning when you open this, I guess it must be because I already ended the turn for posting in the turn tracking thread. If we want to call elections before ending the turn, I won't post that save of course.
                Attached Files

Comment

Opened turn, called elections, ended, saved, zipped, and sent on to the gaians

Comment

Is it already forbidden to protest in the US?
                    It might as well be, with all of the restrictions, threats, and police force they bring to bear on protestors here nowadays. For instance, at my school, the police reacted to hearing rumors about a school walkout by erecting barricades around the school exits and dispatching over 20 police officers to the scene.

By the way, I only got 3 days of in-school-suspension. Not as bad as I was anticipating, fortunately.
                    Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Hmmm, the only problem I see as of now is that the southern arcadian transport is only carrying 4 units instead of the 8 it was supposed to carry (see the plan). (It should have been upgraded before leaving port). Using the isle of the deep will compensate somewhat, but we'll miss having those two probe teams for the invasion. Looking good, otherwise.

Are there any points in the Grand Plan that aren't clear? It should be pretty straightforward to follow. Of course, it doesn't need to be followed exactly. You can build different units in different orders than is described in the plan, but if the plan is followed the invasion should be relatively optimized.

As for moving the units around correctly, all you need to know is:
                      1. Have a suitable number of the arcadian air units ready to strike Morgania during the turn of the invasion. (So, yes, moving that air force up north was the correct thing to do. We will be using some, if not all, of those aircraft for the Morgan invasion.
                      2. Have all 3 Battle Ogres in GH or otherwise boarded aboard the GH armoured cruiser by MY 2197 or MY 2198 at the latest.
                      3. Ditto with any other land units in Laconia participating in the invasion.
                      4. Ditto for any units going aboard the northern arcadian cruiser (the one in Gagarin Memorial).

The details I don't particularly feel like stressing over right now. I'll leave that up to you.

Comment

Don't wait for me to play the next turn. I fear I don't have the time right now to read and follow a plan in detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie [*]Kept the Disco Volante going soputh – if we can sneak it thru Drogue Narrows and Conquistador Channel, maybe we can get Gaian infiltration (but Lily of the Valley is their only coastal base)
                          And the Disco Volante already passed near that base. They had a probe defender. So it's very likely fruitless to try again with a single probe.

Comment

Don't wait for me to play the next turn. I fear I don't have the time right now to read and follow a plan in detail.
                            I can do it, but my record in base management is spotty, to say the least.

But with everything else going on, it's somewhat inevitable that this game is taking second place - and it has become more of a PBEM than a Democracy game - much of the roleplay is gone, and we are just now playing to win, it seems

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie

But with everything else going on

What is "everything else" ?
                              The CIV-4 SMAC-clone that some are working on? Or did I miss anything?
                              From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Originally posted by vishniac

What is "everything else" ?
                                The CIV-4 SMAC-clone that some are working on? Or did I miss anything?
                                CIV alone could do this. And that other thing, you know, life. No pun intended.

PTWDG2 completely degraded to a simple PBEM a while before CIV. The activity here (in the ACDG) is pretty good in comparison, even now.
                                Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Working...
                                X