MY 2189 - Planning & execution thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY 2189 - Planning & execution thread

Not much to say. I won't have much time today, but...

-- LOOK AT FUNGAL HEIGHTS (Angels) !!!

-- We lost 3 battles: lost 2 B4s and a chopper.

-- Tech choice to be made between: Centauri Meditation / Bio-engineering / Silksteel alloys. We are now at 6 turns/tech.

-- Kelp expanded at Minas Tirith and forest at Fort Buster
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Hmm, bad news about the fighter losses. I wonder how they did it. I should see soon enough after operiing the turn...

How about Bio-engineering? Hopefully we can trade it and switch to Fusion Power.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Aaah, they built a base adjacent to our B-4s and landed their in-flight F-6:s there, attacking ours with their last MP:s, cool!

EDIT: It doesn't look like the Angels and the Morgans pulled off their fusion tech trade either. And like Vish said, what are they going to build in Fungal Heights?

Comment

I suggest not taking BioEng since this will allow the Morgans or Gaians to trade this on to the Angels without us receiving it via the PD (even if we are not receiving any techs, that SP is really helping us). So if we research that we are effectively giving it to the Angels as well.

Then again, the other options are pretty crap unless we want to prototype missiles and use silksteel for MMing.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
          Then again, the other options are pretty crap
          What 'crap'?!?
          Centauri Med then, so
          -- we can boost our formers with the Xenoempathy Dome (defungus/2)
          -- we deny it to the Gaians
          -- we position good to get soon an airborne invasion force of Locusts.
          From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

The Gaians already have Centauri Meditation btw. So they can build the Xenoempathy Dome the moment they want.

Comment

For the record, my preferences would be:
              1. Bio-engineering
              2. Silksteel Alloys
              3. Centauri Meditation

Comment

Very well, I agree with bio-engineering. We do need to get it somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                  The Gaians already have Centauri Meditation btw. So they can build the Xenoempathy Dome the moment they want.
                  Aha! But perhaps they don't want. Just like the Neural Amplifier nobody wants.
                  With instabuilding, it's the first to commit who gets it anyway.

Since we are crawler-depleted, it would take time before we engage in another SP.

So, I have no real opinion on the tech choice.

Otherwise, do we have an aerospace base ready to launch our first spysat?

Comment

Originally posted by vishniac
                    Yes, I think it would be nice to have one of those

It looks like Fort Soup and Arcadia U were engaged in some major Thinking Activity, what did they come up with? Time to get the boys out working the fields?

I suggest abandoning the attempts at attacking the Angels and repositioning our forces to eventually attack the Gaians instead, according to the plan I outlined in the council of war. I am more than welcome to hear other ideas of course

But in the meantime, build crawlers, build infrastructure, build some elite rovers, some choppers and some planes. Just do that infrastructure micromanagement stuff that I am always amazed how you guys pull off

Comment

Originally posted by vishniac
                      Aha! But perhaps they don't want. Just like the Neural Amplifier nobody wants.
                      With instabuilding, it's the first to commit who gets it anyway.
                      We could perhaps ask the Gaians to trade for Centauri Meditation? They'll probably ignore us as usual though...

Aerospace complexes, yes, as you said little crawlers though. But we can always throw lots of cash at some upgrading or hurrying.

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
                      It looks like Fort Soup and Arcadia U were engaged in some major Thinking Activity, what did they come up with? Time to get the boys out working the fields?
                      They were engaged in an academic project to determine the meaning of life, the universe and everything. The results were strangely disappointing though, so they'll be put back to work (now that drone riots have ended).

Comment

Some initial moves:
                        • Mine started SE of SC1.
                        • Forest started NW of Vladivostok.
                        • Road built and forested started west of Messena.
                        • Road started SW of Ironholm.
                        • Iaci Base connected to the Transarcadian Highway.
                        • Worm hunting in Northern Arcadia unsuccesful.
                        • IoD hunting in the Arcadian Ocean unsuccesful.
                        • Our IoD explored the sea between Heaven and Gaian land. No unity pods or anything interesting discovered.
                        • Rolling Thunder II on the Río Rojo did flame a worm for 20 credits.
                        • Probe team moved into Academgorodok. The Uni's own probe left to Gagarin Memorial, where their transport cruiser is waiting.
                        • Gagarin Memorial has also been emptied. Therefore the FL Crypteia has been moved into Gagarin M, and the Ironholm Crypteia transferred from there to FL. You never know there are opportunistic Morganic probes lurking.
                        • B-4 landed in Gagarin Memorial.
                        • F-8 landed in Iaci Base.
                        • Two B-6s that were bombing Heaven back in Fort Sol.

How do we want to reposition our forces? All to the Gaian borders? Half at the Gaian and half at the Angel? All that, plus a token force near the Morganic borders? Something else?
                        Last edited by Maniac; September 26, 2005, 21:35.

Comment

• TH, FS, AU, VV, MSN workers put back to the field.
                          • Placed the new FL crawler on a mine.
                          • Tomcat-FS1 helps plan a forest.
                          • IH Wombats start on a forest NW of Ironholm.
                          • How about upgrading the crawler south of IH for sky hydropics labs production next year in FS?
                          • How about hurrying a creche in ARC?
                          • Two new formers in Southern Arcadia moving to the nutrient bonus two tiles south of ARC.
                          • Wormh hunting in our homelands unsuccesful.
                          • Set bases that were stockpiling energy to some random new production.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                            How about upgrading the crawler south of IH for sky hydropics labs production next year in FS?

How about hurrying a creche in ARC?

Set bases that were stockpiling energy to some random new production.
                            -- Ok for the spysat!

-- ARC has little terraforming yet. Let's keep on with crawlers (for itself and others)!
                            I see Kel Harbor and Hero's Waypoint as the bases with immediate growth potential.

-- AU: can complete Rec Tanks in one turn with a few credits.

Comment

• Kelp farm under cultivation near AU.
                              • New FB former starts forest SW of RG.
                              • Tomcats GH2 & SC2-4 start condenser on the farm SE-SE of RG.
                              • Tegean formers start on a sensor array south of TH. Perhaps they can gradually move south after that, terraforming along the way?
                              • ARC crawler moving towards Hero's Waypoint.
                              • Two MSN crawlers rehomed to boost OA production (bioenhancement center base).
                              • New SC1 & SC2 crawlers placed on some forest. Could be used for hurrying.
                              • FS bioenhancement center & AU recycling tanks hurried.
                              • Tiger's Claw and Disco Volante moving closer to our eastern border with Terrapeso.
                              • F-8 flown from TH to VIJ.
                              • F-8 flown from IB to B112.
                              • Kaj Kaoos flying from MT to Kel Harbour.
                              • SCC GT and IoD unsuccesful in IoD-hunting.

Having received no concrete military suggestions, and awaiting some further reactions or clarity regarding Plan Rectangle Song, I guess I'll just keep our forces around where they are for now:
                              • Probe moved into Defiance Freehold.
                              • SCC Vladimorei moved into Defiance Freehold for repairs.
                              • Missile Marines shipped to Bunker 112.
                              • SCC Heimdall with cargo moved into Defiance Freehold.
                              • Two B-4s flown to Defiance Freehold - a former has been spotted on Heaven coasts, so perhaps we can bomb it next year after we have enough fighter support.
                              • Missile infantry moved into DF.
                              • F-6 flown from ARC to DF.
                              • Moved the SCC Njord, SCC Minas Tirith and the transport foil somewhere between Angel and Gaian lands, pending decision on on who to focus.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X