Controlling our Vassal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlling our Vassal

With the Angels' borrowing 200 credits from Zak, we are at somewhat of a crossroads.

Do we induce Zak to declare vendetta on the Angels? (when I used the 2183 turn to do so, he did, but the Angels AI got wind of our meddling and declared vendetta on us)

When I used the just completed 2184 turn, again, Zak did, but this time our role went undetected.

So do we try?

Or, instead, do we encourage the Angels to pact with the PK's (and offer to Morgan and the Gaians that they sign Treaties - or even Pacts - with him?)

We want Zak to be a research engine for us, yet with 4 bases he's completing a penetrator next turn and is building a Cruiser transport - for what? An invasion of Morgan??? (and if so, do we gift Zak 10 noodles????)

Perhaps we now play our "Peace Card" and convince the others that we are serious about a race to transcendence - "all our military goals have been accomplished ... yadda, yadda" ) while we surruptitiously plan a blitzkreig on the Angels. And this time, with such overwhelming force that we take out a complete faction in one turn

But back to Zak - do we encourage him to be a peaceful trading partner with the other 3?

Do we now execute our colony-pod production line and send them Zak's way to turn over control? (more paired bases for our own economy)

What do we do with Zak?

I think allowing Zak to grow and get peace is a good idea. All we have to do is make some Colony Pods and Crypteia to make it happen, right?

Giving units to an AI seems like a huge waste.

I love the "yadda yadda" party... er, part. (But it would require us to play nice for a longer time, right until we strike. Would that make sense?)
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

How about starting a court case at the 'Interfactional Court of Justice' asking for the immediate repayment of 200 credits to Zak?

If they accept, fine. If they refuse, we've got a perfect casus belli and the Angels are the bad guys.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
      X