MY-2180 Planning & Execution Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh, cool stuff!

The Angels are telling us too much (in the words of a comic I once read). They're obviously not interested in any kind of long term relationsship if they pull something like this off. I mean, why would they piss us off if they are our real friends? We should send them a sharp reprimand and await a proper time to backstab! Ascetic Virtues anyone?

And I agree with the rhetoric proposed by Modo, we are dominating the diplomatic scene here, and besides it's the only proper RP move to play.

Comment

Maybe something along the lines of:

Proposed posting in the Angels Embassy

We were surprised and perturbed to see your aircraft blocking the access road between UN Health Authority and UN Temple of Sol, despite our announcement to all factions of our intent to remove the Peacekeeper menace from Planet.

Indeed, some Junta members see this as an overt hostile act on the part of the Data Angels.

We will expect that aircraft to have returned next year to an Angels' base, and that you will neither be blocking our advance into UN Temple of Sol by replacing it with another unit, nor impeding our entry into that base by stationing Angels' assets in the base itself.

The Junta would consider either action to be severe provocation, destroying many years of trust and co-operation painstakingly built between our factions,

Comment

Build orders propositions:

-- Gythium Harbor: a former, to forest those tiles on the south-east, then after, to mine those 3 rocky tiles outside base radii (for crawlers)

-- Vladivostok: not much to build while we wait for terraforming so...a seaformer, good food---> popboom, then mining platforms and subsea trunkline (in the future) will let the land mines available for formers.

-- AU: another crawler, (the time that Iaci Base grows 1 or 2 more) then after, instabuild Forest or Hospital with the Iaci enhanced crawler and our 2 normal ones.

-- Fort Sup: Rush the crawler this turn, thus enabling the instabuild of the Forest next turn with the flying crawler.

-- Tegea Harbor: Instabuild a Creche this turn with a 2-min crawler and a few credits. Forest tiles are available, so current mineral production will be reached again in 2 turns, then enhanced after.

All that shouldn't much affect the budget. So, does someone want to push Labs to 60%, thus saving 1 turn for AMA and going to 12 turn/tech? I'm sure we can go under 10 turn/tech after completion of AU and FS.
        If we turn to 60% Labs, our budget will still be positive (Hey, that wasn't me complaining we've got too much money in our hands anyway! I just give propositions)

Another proposition: Morgan bases on the east are totally undefended. We could in 1 turn, with a cruiser transport, come from unvisible location, land a probe (on the river to Morgan Mines, i.e.), extract Bio-engineering, and depart still unnoticed. (EDIT: of course, when I say "in 1 turn", it means after we send a transport and board a Cryptea somewhere. The operation would last 1 turn, it wouldn't happen next turn.)

Regarding Temple of Sol, I'm really for taking that base for ourselves. It's like some sort of beachhead: very uncomfortable to let live.
        From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Some rushes:
          • Santiago Citadel - upgraded Hoplite to trance police in anticipation of population growth (20 credits)
          • Arcadia University - rushed crawler (18 credits)
          • Fort Buster - rushed rec comons (16 credits)
          • Fort Superiority - rushed crawler (14 credits)
          • Messena - rushed crawler (8 credits)
          • Tegea Harbour - MM'd the Creche there (26 credits)
          Energy reserves now are 631 credits

Build orders attached
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vishniac
            Build orders propositions:

-- Gythium Harbor: a former, to forest those tiles on the south-east, then after, to mine those 3 rocky tiles outside base radii (for crawlers)

- Vladivostok: not much to build while we wait for terraforming so...a seaformer, good food---> popboom, then mining platforms and subsea trunkline (in the future) will let the land mines available for formers.
            willdo next turn (we'd have lost minerals, I think, this turn if we'd changed - maybe not, but I'd gone thru the rushes before i realized that you'd replied)

-- AU: another crawler, (the time that Iaci Base grows 1 or 2 more) then after, instabuild Forest or Hospital with the Iaci enhanced crawler and our 2 normal ones.

-- Fort Sup: Rush the crawler this turn, thus enabling the instabuild of the Forest next turn with the flying crawler.

-- Tegea Harbor: Instabuild a Creche this turn with a 2-min crawler and a few credits. Forest tiles are available, so current mineral production will be reached again in 2 turns, then enhanced after.

All that shouldn't much affect the budget. So, does someone want to push Labs to 60%, thus saving 1 turn for AMA and going to 12 turn/tech? I'm sure we can go under 10 turn/tech after completion of AU and FS.
            If we turn to 60% Labs, our budget will still be positive (Hey, that wasn't me complaining we've got too much money in our hands anyway! I just give propositions)[/quote]

I'd go along with that - we'd drop revenue from 18 per turn to 2 per turn, so it's not as though we can't afford 6 turns with 16 less per turn (96 credits)

Another proposition: Morgan bases on the east are totally undefended. We could in 1 turn, with a cruiser transport, come from unvisible location, land a probe (on the river to Morgan Mines, i.e.), extract Bio-engineering, and depart still unnoticed. (EDIT: of course, when I say "in 1 turn", it means after we send a transport and board a Cryptea somewhere. The operation would last 1 turn, it wouldn't happen next turn.)
            Per the rules we'd need to select the "declare vendetta" option, unless we successfully framed another faction (the PK's maybe - except that Morgan has infiltration on them and would see that they have neither probes nor the means to deliver them, so they'd suspect us anyway)

is it really worth the risk?

Regarding Temple of Sol, I'm really for taking that base for ourselves. It's like some sort of beachhead: very uncomfortable to let live.
            We'd get Lal's reserves of 191 credits, would save the 140 credits we still owe him, but also would let the Angels off the hook for the 249 credits that they still owe him

But I agree - maybe, though, we wait a turn until we can get a Crypteia in place to avoid instant probing by the Angels

Edited to remove obsolete save
            Last edited by Googlie; July 23, 2005, 01:37.

Comment

60% labs sounds good. That year could make all of the difference.
              Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Turn finalized (with research set to 60%)
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie

Per the rules we'd need to select the "declare vendetta" option, unless we successfully framed another faction (the PK's maybe - except that Morgan has infiltration on them and would see that they have neither probes nor the means to deliver them, so they'd suspect us anyway)

is it really worth the risk?
                  Ouch, NO!
                  I knew there was something about that in the Rules but I seemed to recall it was the other way around, that a probe action wouldn't declare vendetta...
                  From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Well, there is one thing about Morgan. They can do little if we get in and raze a few bases in one turn. If we go in, steal, burn, it might be worth losing the 2-4 Rovers sent to accomplish this... Just thinking aloud here...
                    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Working...
                    X