Whoa !!

Turn's up already

Hey - check this out >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Attached Files

Comment

Any special reason to this?
      I didn't remember we were very close.
      Did Yang suffer some major blow?
      From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Originally posted by vishniac
        Any special reason to this?
        I didn't remember we were very close.
        Did Yang suffer some major blow?
        I think our new possessions got accounted for after the turn was completed by all factions.

There is no denying anymore (not that anyone here at Sparta denied it ) that we are officially the bad boy of the game. We should consider that in the eyes of others there is a big red target retice in the middle of Sparta...
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Man, I sure miss Manaic's strategic and tactical analysis, and turnplay suggestions

Should I just go ahead and take out those last 2 remaining PK bases - or lay out a plan of action for discussion before actually executing it?

In the meantime I'll carry on with the miscellaneous moves - the rummaging for mindworms, crawler and former orders, etc

Comment

2179 - some early moves and build orders
            • Put a cdf in production at the captured base of UN Aid Station (that’s where we podpopped completion of our flying gin freighter) and rushed for 5 credits (will free up the Sileni there for other duties as assigned)
            • another cdf in production at UNHQ, and rushed for 20 credits
            • Put a Crypteia in production at UN High Commission
            • loaded the 2 Crypteia in the forest south of Iaci into the cruiser transport, and sailed to Bunker bay, transferred to the second trannie there and docked at Bunker 112. Moved one longstrider to UN Commerce Committee and the other en-route to UN Aid Station
            • Of the 2 remaining Crypteia at Bunker-112, one takes up covert ops protection duties and the other will move to UNHQ and assume duties there (mp’s used up this turn when stepping from the forest to the trannie)
            • Moved the flying gin freighter north from Aid Station to High Commission – it’ll take another 2 turns to reach Fort Sup for the Hybrid Forest to be built there
            • Hoplite rummaging in the fungus at the Unity wreckage site moves onto the Arcadian Highway, will go to Tegea Harbour to take up police duties there (2 turns) ready for the pop growth from 2 to 3 (in 4 turns after deploying the new crawler to the farm tile)
            • Tomcat at 2NS has completed foresting the southwest nut tile, so has moved north to road and mine the rocky tile there (will be aided by the 3 tomcats foresting that river tile on the Rio Rojo road.)
            • Disco Volante had a look at the Angels’ base of MartPact (disciplined probe defender there) so moved up towards UN Aid Station
            • renamed UNHQ to Arcadia Regional Command as a new site for Kassiopeia as the Regional Governor
            • named the channel between Southern Arcadia and Angels land as Drogue Narrows
            • Ran the SCC Njord on a recce south from Aid Station bay and back to see if any Angels trannies with probe teams aboard might be lurking to pounce on Aid Station – none spotted (it’ll have a probe defender next turn – a longstrider is en route)
            Ongoing PK actions
            • Shelled a PK scout threatening High Commission with the SCC General Tacticus, then finished it off with the cdf in the base
            • sent the injured B-6 north of Aid Station the long way to ARC to see what PK activity might be on the Southern Arcadian Highway
            • landed the B-4’s that took part in the UN Commerce Committee attack in ARC, staging for the assault on the 2 remaining bases next turn
            • moved the impact infantryman from B-112 to the monolith and got a morale upgrade to hardened
            • sent the R-112 to ARC ready to spearhead the attack on UN Health Authority
            • moved the Janissary from UN Aid Station suburbs through the ARC mines down the Arcadian Highway – confronting the PK former astride the highway
            Also tinkered with some of the worker deployment to forestall drone riots or to avert hunger

Edit: save removed as a later version appears below
            Last edited by Googlie; July 14, 2005, 12:47.

Comment

Some further moves before I head out for the rest of the day:
              • Janissary took out PK former blocking the Southern Arcadian Highway
              • CDF in Commerce Committee took out a PK rover at the gates - a second rover is still there
              • Our hardened Scout Rover (which was homed to Kel Harbour) took out that last rover
              We can now account for the remaining 4 military units that the PK have:
              • A scout rover garrisoning Temple of Sol
              • A scout Rover stranded west of Bunker-112
              • A plasma sentinel on guard duty in Health Authority
              • A scout patrol northeast of our captured base of UN High Commission
              We have no ready units to prosecute the war further via an attack on the 2 remaining bases (planes have landed and rovers are redeploying to the ARC staging area) so mop-up will have to wait until next turn

edit: removed save as newer version appears below
              Last edited by Googlie; July 15, 2005, 02:36.

Comment

Some further moves:
                • relocated Sector Cratersouth worker from crater farm tile to a forest tile
                • Put new Fort Buster crawler to work the nutrients on the vacated crater farm tile (pop will grow next turn as a result, to size 4)
                • Upgraded a trance scout at Fort Buster to a trance policeman (20 credits) needed next turn for drone control
                • put a Rec Commons in build at FB - can rush next turn and allow growth there to size 6 population in 3 turns thereafter)
                • moved fungal gin freighter off Fort Liberty's condensor farm to allow FL's new crawler to work the farm
                • Gin freighter moving upriver disturbed a mindworm from its lair, which was captured by the nearby Hoplite infantryman
                • changed a FL worker into a doctor, as base will grow to size 5 next turn and only has 2 cdf's to offset drones
                • continued moving the ginfreighter to northeast of Ironholm, where it is now crawling 2 nuts for Iaci Base
                • moved Ironholm's worker off the 2/5/0 farmed mine tile to a 1/2/1 forested tile and assigned its new crawler to run the minerals from the vacated tile
                • moved a Rio Grande worker off the 3/1/0 farm onto a 1/2/1 forest tile and assigned its new crawler to work the 3 nut farm
                • took the Gythium Harbour crawler off the condensor farm and rehomed it to Sparta Command, and set it to crawl 2 nuts to SC1. Accelerated SC1's growth to size 4 from 7 turns to 4
                • reassigned Santiago Citadel's new crawler to Gythium Harbour and set it to work the vacated condensor farm
                • sent Tegea Harbour's new crawler to work the new farm just completed in its southwest suburbs
                • set both the tomcats that just completed TH's farm to constructing a condensor on that same site
                • sent Fort Sup's new crawler south and east to crawl nuts - pop will grow next turn. Changed its librarian into a doctor to allow for drone-free growth in 2180
                • put AU's seaformer to work on another tidal harness in AU Bay (sometimes the kelp grows of its own accord to cover the energy generator - if not, we can always plant when the harness gets finished)
                • loaded the AA onto the slow trannie berthed in Valdivostok, and sent it en-route to AU for Node linking (will link next turn)
                • moved Vlad's worker off the 1/5/0 mine tile onto a 1/1/0 tile and sent its new crawler to work the vacated mine
                • sent the 3 Tomcats who completed the Messena farm to assist in the mine construction southeast of the base
                • sent the injured rover on the Rio Rojo towards 2NS to heal at the command center there (currently stalled in the suburbs)
                • sortied the B-4 at Minas Tirith up the Laconian Gulf overflying the seafungus to check for any Morgan lurkers (none found)
                • Sent the B-4 at Gythium harbour along the coastline to Sector Craterwest also hunting for seafungus lurkers - none
                • continued the Hoplite sw of Sparta Command down the MT road - it'll now veer into the Rio Rojo area for some mindworm hunting
                • relocated the F-6 from Sparta command to Minas tirith - on the assumption that any airborne hostilities will be from Yang
                • ran the SCC Vlademorei thru the seafungus in the ocean twixt Arcadia and Morganland - no IoD's stirred
                shoot - damned cdf boarded the trannie at Vlad and not the AA (it's an old story - I never had a problem with using the "hold" feature for units in a base - they always activated when I clicked on them. Maniac, though, always got "already moved" when he tried that, so the compromise was to put the unit on "sleep - board transport" mode. Thus the cdf at Vlad merrily boarded the transport. Now we have drone riots there).

So:
                • took the 1/1/0 worker off the land and made him a doctor
                • relocated the 2/1/0 worker to a 3/0/0 seakelp tile to alleviate hunger.
                Drone riots now averted, and trannie will return the CDF next turn

All units now moved

Crawlers put into production as a temporary holding mechanism while we discuss base facilties build (or to provide the MM materials for facilities rushing)

fresh save attached (and obsolete save removed from prior post)
                Attached Files

Comment

Crawlers put into production as a temporary holding mechanism while we discuss base facilties build (or to provide the MM materials for facilities rushing)
                  Unless I misinterpreted something earlier, we can use this as the "standard" build method for most things. Or does it make any difference?

Comment

Observations:

-- AU only has +1 nutrient. We should turn a librarian into a worker for the sea tile. (and, as I don't know how to calculate the number of drones, perhaps change the second to a doctor to prevent riots next turn?).
                    We'll loose lab points but pop will boom. It'll more than make up after a short time.

-- I was right: look at the powergraph! Yang suffered some massive blow...but of which kind? I thought about Prometheus Virus but he's still leading in pop. Who's our main intelligence officer?
                    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Observations:

-- AU only has +1 nutrient. We should turn a librarian into a worker for the sea tile. (and, as I don't know how to calculate the number of drones, perhaps change the second to a doctor to prevent riots next turn?).
                      We'll loose lab points but pop will boom. It'll more than make up after a short time.
                      Even with a doctor as the 9th pop, the 10th will be a drone, so there'd be no produxtion at that base.

I proposed to stifle the growth for a turn or 2 so that we can amass the crawlers needed to instabuild a research Hospital (3 needed) - that was the reason for the 2 librarians

What I've now done is to reassign an Ironholm worker from a 1/2/1 forest to a 2/1/1 farm, and thus free up the crawler just south of AU. I rehomed that crawler to AU and it now crawls the 4 nuts to AU. Having 2 librarians this turn allows another citizen who wouldn't be a drone (who in turn could be a librarian to keep the cycle going)

Here's a screenie of the solution:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Observations:
                        -- I was right: look at the powergraph! Yang suffered some massive blow...but of which kind? I thought about Prometheus Virus but he's still leading in pop. Who's our main intelligence officer?
                        LOL - I am!!

But I'm not seing any apparent reason from the data, except for our own massive boost due to Operation PW

Here's the AC scores year-by-year. Our (and Morgan's) growth allied to the PK's demise with the hive standing still prolly contributes most to the change in overall leadership

(Note that we don't have Angels' or Gaian's data, as we don't have them infiltrated)

............... 2177 ...... 2178 ......... .2179

Sparta ...... 265........ 276 ........283
                        Hive ......... 146 ...... 147 ..... ....149
                        University .......60 ......61 ...........59
                        Morgan .........188 ......197............198
                        PKs .........113 ............70.............. 57
                        Last edited by Googlie; July 15, 2005, 09:05.

Comment

The graph with the lines showing the trends indicates Yang's line is falling...

Ok for AU. Whatever as long as we can popboom! Those librarians give a nice research boost (1 turn difference). I am looking forward AU at 14 with Hospital and Forest!
                          Now that I see it's a drone emergency, it becomes clear why the hospital will get priority:cheaper, will get built faster.

Comment

The graph with the lines showing the trends indicates Yang's line is falling...
                            That is what happens when another faction takes the lead and the scale changes. In truth, he did not fall, just we grew faster and everything was "evened" below us.

Comment

Final tweaks to the turn:
                              • Rushed the crawler at Argos for 11 credits
                              • changed production at FL to a Rec Commons (next turn we can put the new citizen to work the condensor farm, and MM the commons with the crawler currently on that farm. Then we can put the doctor to work to foster more growth)
                              • MM'd the Research Hospital at Fort Sup for 2 crawlers and 72 credits
                              • rushed the seaformer at Gythium Harbour for 21
                                credits
                              • changed production at Iaci Base to a cdf, to anticipate future growth in population
                              • Redeployed a Kel Harbour worker from a 2/1/1 tile to a 1/2/1 tile - no effect on population growth, which remains at 2 turns
                              • put a cdf in production at Kel (can be rushed next turn), to free up the Elite Impact infantryman from police duty when pop expands
                              • redeployed a worker at Messena from the 3/0/0 tile to a 1/1/0 tile - makes the crawler cheaper to rush next turn, when the worker can be restored to the farm tile
                              • tried to contact Yang to trade for Superstring Theory, but he won't open the commlink
                              There being no other changes discussed or units to move, endturn save attached, and turn passed to the Gaians
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X