Conspiracy theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiracy theory

Do you think the others are just refusing to talk to or deal with us?

No comment from the Angels on our last 2 or three inititiatives, other than the appointment of forester as the new head of external affairs.

The Gaians are ignoring us, and apart from Paramir's notice in the embassy that he is the new ambassador, nothing from Morgan either

Well, some of it could be attributed to lower activity in the other teams, but you might be right. Short of showing up with an invasion fleet (see Exhibit 1: the PTS raid), I believe there is little we can do about it. Especially since we do not have the need for most tech deals, and the others might be dismissing some diplomatic ideas basing on that fact.

(Or should I have written "based" in that last sentence? I meant the dismissal was based on the fact. Darned English language. )
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

About activity
      The turn 2175 has been downloaded by
      - 5 Spartans
      - 3 Gaians
      - 3 Angels
      - 1 Morganite
      From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

I did, though, attach the .sav to the e-mails I sent Net Warrior and Chaos Theory to advise them that the Gaian turn was posted - they wouldn't download it again, so it's prolly 5 players who got it.

Comment

Not to mention those lurking the forums, but not downloading the save. I think the number of active or semi-active members is not that big a factor here.

Comment

This isolation/isolating seems to be a continued trend, which has been the norm previously, so I'd rather pin it on low activity rather than an intentional blockade on us.

It is, in my limited view (having little actual knowledge of the situation at hand), a pretty good strategy if it's intentional, though; but on the other hand, they do risk provoking us to another war... or maybe they are relying on the new treaties to keep us at bay?
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
              but on the other hand, they do risk provoking us to another war...
              They'll get one, in the form of a Peacekeeper invasion.
              I wonder how they'd react to that? Continued silence, token protests, a grand anti-Spartan alliance??
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

A Morganite said in the general forum that their faction conducted a fair amount diplomacy (or words to that effect). This tells me that, yes there is diplomacy, and no we are not invited. So conspiracy or not, we are being left out ...

Obviously none of them want a war, so they are trying beat us economically and technologically. Can they do it? Our momentum will continue and we will be in a position where we must pick our next target within a few years. Who will it be? One of them perhaps?

end rant

Comment

Change to Police and ally with the Hive?

(use them as our proxy to get at the others, perhaps, with the Hive's military doing our work for us, allied with the University's research on our behalf and the PK's population. )

That'd be a potent formula for winning - Sparta sitting astride the 3 AI, pulling surrogates' strings

Comment

Allying with the Hive... Did I not suggest exactly that a while ago? You can count my vote for it (with Sparta being "Democratic" and all ). We would need Green economy to be available, though (to counter the efficiency hit of Planned economy).
                    Last edited by Modo44; June 18, 2005, 10:34.

Comment

You know, maybe that makes sense! We have no friends, if we alienate the Angels certainly nobody will negotiate with us.

It's a shame we won't have as much use of the AV if we go to police state, we hit the roof at +3 police (we'll get to +4 which is no better). But the population restriction relaxations are more important I guess.

Comment

I really don't think it's worth stealing the AV outright. If we can manage to get Zak to build it, then yippee, but I don't think we can afford to let all 3 team up against us just yet, especially considering our upcoming PK invasion. We will be rather vulnerable in southern arcadia for several turns, and it would be a perfect opportunity for the Angels to launch a surprise counter-attack and make a drive up north through arcadia. Hopefully they haven't guessed our next move.
                        Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Working...
                        X