Life after Cyberethics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life after Cyberethics

In 2 turns the University will have researched Cyberethics - and will transmit to us when we call Zak on the commlink.

What should we change to next?

(There's a fifth option - I don't know how to edit the poll itself) and that's:

Advanced Subatomic Theory >>> Applied Relativity and the Supercollider
    Neural Grafting >>> MMI for the Cyborg Factory
    60.00%
    Advanced Military Algorithms >>> Pre-sentient Algorithms for the Hunter-Seeker Algorithm
    40.00%
    Advanced Subatomic Theory >>> Silksteel Alloys (to prototype 3-res armor and use the maniac manoever with silksteel)
    0.00%
    Planetary Economics - and the Ascetic Virtues (and Hybrid Forests)
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Googlie; April 28, 2005, 02:06.

For the record, another option to be able to keep using crawler-hurrying while being able to prototype plasma armour would be to research Superstring Theory, so that we can use Chaos weapons for crawler-hurrying.

Btw, a question that would affect my voting: do we want to cash in the artifact before or after we get Cyberethics and whatever tech we switch research to?

Advantage of cashing it in before would be that we can plan our next research target based on what tech the artifact gives. Instead of, if we cashed it in later, we might get a tech that's got nothing to do with the research b-line we picked.

Disadvantage of cashing it in now would be that we could get Cyberethics. We then might have to give all our techs to Zak (Cyberethics, DAP & Doc:Ini) to prevent him researching something useless. Cyberethics & DAP don't matter that much, but giving Doc:Ini could be a security risk due to the Angels...
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
      For the record, another option to be able to keep using crawler-hurrying while being able to prototype plasma armour would be to research Superstring Theory, so that we can use Chaos weapons for crawler-hurrying.

Maniac. Do you really expect we would use Chaos weapons for anything else than kicking serious butt?

Btw, a question that would affect my voting: do we want to cash in the artifact before or after we get Cyberethics and whatever tech we switch research to?
      Definately after Cybernetics. It is like two turns away, right?

Advantage of cashing it in before would be that we can plan our next research target based on what tech the artifact gives. Instead of, if we cashed it in later, we might get a tech that's got nothing to do with the research b-line we picked.
      Disadvantage is the possibility of getting Cybernetics. Too big a chance, especially with our tech dominance getting more and more fragile.
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I'd wait the 2 turns

btw, when you open the 2168.sav turn Zak is 2 away.

When you open the 2168 complete,sav, he's 3 away.

I wonder how our trun playing affected his research?

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44

Maniac. Do you really expect we would use Chaos weapons for anything else than kicking serious butt?
          Yes?

Oh yeah, I realized we could receive Cyberethics from Zak, then cash in the artifact and only then switch research all in the same turn. So we could still base our research on what the artifact gives, even if we don't cash it in right away.

Originally posted by Googlie
          btw, when you open the 2168.sav turn Zak is 2 away.

When you open the 2168 complete,sav, he's 3 away.

I wonder how our trun playing affected his research?
          He's often switching between 30% econ/50% labs and 50% econ/30% labs for some reason.

Comment

He's often switching between 30% econ/50% labs and 50% econ/30% labs for some reason.
            But during our turn it shouldn't happen

Comment

Planetary Economics - and the Ascetic Virtues (and Hybrid Forests)
              From the Ministry of Infrastructure:
              Since we don't have tree farms, let alone Rec Tanks, this option can wait a good long time, I think.
              And Ascetic Virtues goes to the Angels I believe.

Adv. Mil. Algorithmes will give us AAA tracking! And, of course, we need the HSA.
              From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

I think we have a good shot at both the Cyborg factory and the HSA, so I voted for Neural grafting 7 MMI (althpough, after getting NG, we can just build a couple of Bioenhancement centers in larger bases and churn out Elites from there, diverting to the HSA trail after next tech

(I think we also need Adaptive Doctrine for AMA, but that'd be good for our cruisers as then we could give them AAA and Marine Detachment capability!!

Comment

AMA cause Hunter-Seeker Algorithms break the game (they prevent any probe attacks on ous right?)
                  -=/+\ Wuy3 /+\=-

Comment

well, under SMAX there's a new ability for probes - Algorithmic Enhancement (tech needed is nanominiaturization) - which gives the probe team a half-chance at penetrating both the HSA as well as factions running SE choices that give them "immunity" to probe actions

nanomin is a level-8 technology, coming after monopole magnets and superlubes, so it's a ways off yet.

Comment

-------------------------------------------
                      oh the noz!
                      my megahertz have been h@x0rd
                      -------------------------------------------
                      ^
                      |
                      |
                      really funny ad I saw once, feels appropriate here

Its those damn probe teams! They've even infiltrated Alpha Centauri.Ini
                      -=/+\ Wuy3 /+\=-

Comment

Too late to vote, but just for the record I'd like to place my vote for Planetary Economics and the Ascetic Virtues. Those two extra citizens before the hab complex limit, and the +1 police would really help with popbooming. Also we could reach the goal Planetary Economics in a couple years, while for reaching MMI we'd still need to research another tech after Neural Grafting, which most likely will take another decade.

Edit: A few months back we promised the Angels not to build the Ascetic Virtues though (at the time we believed the Corporation would certainly get it), so if in some future we'd want to build it, we'd need to buy back those rights.
                        Last edited by Maniac; May 3, 2005, 07:18.

Comment

Working...
                        X