I'll be absent May 1st - June 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be absent May 1st - June 15th

I need a six week vacation from my post, I'm afraid. I have three entrance exams on the two first weeks of June. While I've studied for them a few hours a day for a week or two now, I need the psychological punch that you get when you commit yourself to the books several hours a day. In the grand scheme of things the continuation of my studies and entrance to university are much more important than running DG diplomacy. Therefore I will be only sporadically present during May and the first half of June. I sincerely hope someone can take up my duties for that period of time.

I was hoping it wouldn't come down to this, but I have decided to put everything I have into these exams. Of course, if I don't get in, I'll have an entire year with plenty of time to play the DG... :|

Of course the sooner someone can pick up the job the better. Certainly it's not a task that takes a lot of time, but I want to cut down on distractions and it's a matter of principle to get rid of as many extra things as possible. I won't be GMing any forum games, probably not taking part in any of them either, etc.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Good luck Kassiopeia!
    I hope I get to see as little as possible of you these coming weeks.

(So, anyone interested in taking over diplomatic duties?)
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I wouldn't mind taking over for a time, esp as Maniac is the turnpl;ayer and now Modo is an adequate substitute as and when needed

Comment

Great. You can take over right away.

Originally posted by Maniac
        Good luck Kassiopeia!
        Thanks! I hope I won't need it, but I'm afraid I will. About six hundred people attend these exams every year, and only 22 get in. ~300/40 and ~400/50 for the other two, though I'll only be able to read the book for the ~300/40 one for a week.

I hope I get to see as little as possible of you these coming weeks.
        Heh, me too I can drop in to talk out strategy and stuff every now and then, but I don't want to have an obligation to follow the forum or the game. It'd be unfair towards the team and detrimental to my efforts to try to try to do my job half-assedly.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
          About six hundred people attend these exams every year, and only 22 get in.
          WOW - those are worse odds than a green Morgan syntharmored probe defender against a Spartan Elite Missile B-6 !!

Good luck, though.

(We prolly need an acting-Editor in Chief of The Phalanx for that period as well - any takers? Spread the load a bit?)

Comment

Good luck Kassi!

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
              (We prolly need an acting-Editor in Chief of The Phalanx for that period as well - any takers? Spread the load a bit?)
              Hmm, perhaps we could use Tass' "coup attempt" to write an article explaining the Junta rearrangement, and to explain a new focus on peace, the coup being done by jingoist malcontents?
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Good idea.

Why not let Tass write it?
                Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I'm confident Tass could take The Phalanx to directions never dreamed of before

Originally posted by Googlie
                  WOW - those are worse odds than a green Morgan syntharmored probe defender against a Spartan Elite Missile B-6 !!
                  Luckily, in the matriculation examinations I have been in the best 10 to 5 percent of the takers, so it means that I'm scholastically pretty much in the best ten percent of the people born in '86; and with most of the people in my "category" probably trying to get into med or law school, international relations isn't that hot a subject; so I'm pretty confident.

Comment

Working...
                  X