MY 2167 Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rushed crawlers at TH - 17 credits - and at GH - 21 credits

Also put a "Retire This" in the build at Oly Academy (it has an aerospace) for a futire B-6 or F-6 crawler rush

Here's the final .sav - 3 hours to deadline
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Googlie; April 18, 2005, 22:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
      • The Hive has withdrawn from our territory!
      yeah - but see that screenie I posted showing the forces that he didn't have inside our territory, but heading our way - can you spell sneak attack?

• We succesfully framed the Corporation!!! Oh, and 11 credits wired to our reserves.
      great!!! That should put a spanner in their works.

• .....Mission succesful... and artifact captured and teleported to Fort Liberty!

Now follows the bad news:

CENSORED

Vander Eud is now empty and ripe for the taking. This defeat is a an example of the point I'm trying to make though: we don't have the forces to invade Terrapeso. To destroy those plasma sentinels we need commando B-6s. As of now, our air force mainly consist of hardened and commando B-4s. So we have to make a choice I think: invade Terrapeso, or popboom
      It costs 60 per to upgrade B-4's to B-6's, so we might just want to look at doing it for any we have that are not Commando or Elite

All-in-all a great turn - especially the snagging of that AA. Let's get it to a network node for a new tech asap

Comment

And before the turn is final - I'd like to suggest we place MT's sensor on the forested mineral special, rather than where it's proposed right now

The turquoise circle is the coverage from my suggestion ....... the yellow one is where it's currently being started
        Attached Files

Comment

.... and if we twinned it with a strategically-placed one at 2Nuts Strand ......
          Attached Files

Comment

Finishing now. No upgrades, as those need to be discussed a bit more. I think we should rush the Crawler in Mesena next turn, though.

A spore launcher destroyed a Forest near Iaci Base.

Posted the turn.
            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I realized I forgot to flame that worm outside Climactic Research. Sorry about that. I was in a hurry yesterday, as I hadn't anticipated at all that I would have to play (part of) the turn, so I didn't think everything through I guess.

Originally posted by Modo44
              Ok, I downloaded the save now, and will finish the moves described in this thread.
              Welcome to the "turnplayer club".

Originally posted by Googlie [*]Flew out MT’s B-4 to provide air cover for the returning fleet (to see if mayhaps any Morgan vessel was hiding) and turned up a slew of Hive troops massing in the fungus (see below)
              Better keep sufficient military units present in Minas Tirith.

I guess we'll have to restart the war in three turns or so, no?

[*]Gave orders to some Tomcat crews that were just lollygagging around (2Nuts strand – put them on forest planting (where would a road go there?)
              The road would go to the tile itself. I can see two uses for that:

1) The road only costs one terraformer turn to make. This means we'll already gain back its bulding time by the turn the former will save moving to its next location. (The nutrient SW of 2NS I assume? - or rather the rocky tile to the NW? Then of course there wouldn't be a time gain.)
              Building a road after the forest has been planted would cost three turns.

2) While 2NS has most need of minerals right now, and a forest is best, when the base is more connected and integrated to the rest of our faction, when it is getting ready for a popboom, nutrients would be more valuable and I assume it would be best to build a condenser farm on that nutrient bonus, for seven nuts IIRC. If there was a road already present on the tile, we could at a later date mass-move a couple formers to it without losing a turn.

That's why I suggested building a road there.

[quote][*]Changed a couple of build orders – FL and Ironholm from a Former (2 turns) to a Fungiformer (3 turns) – we’ll more than recoup that extra turn when they halve the time in clearing fungus prior to forestation[/lquote]

What tiles shall we defungus and forest?

Rushed crawlers at TH - 17 credits - and at GH - 21 credits

Also put a "Retire This" in the build at Oly Academy (it has an aerospace) for a futire B-6 or F-6 crawler rush
              Sounds great.

All-in-all a great turn - especially the snagging of that AA. Let's get it to a network node for a new tech asap
              Yep. The closest one is in Tegea Harbour.
              (Fort Soup is just as far, but the node has apparently already been linked. It doesn't show as "unlinked node" when I press the 'g'o commando for the artifact.)

Originally posted by Googlie
              And before the turn is final - I'd like to suggest we place MT's sensor on the forested mineral special, rather than where it's proposed right now

The turquoise circle is the coverage from my suggestion ....... the yellow one is where it's currently being started
              I agree the turquoise circle would be the best spot for a sensor array. Problem is... when our formers get there, the Hive will also already be there. Therefore to make sure we at least have a sensor, may I suggest we finish the current one? Thereafter we could judge whether we can secure the area for the formers to build a second sensor.

Oh yeah, for the record, here are two screenies I made while playing the first half of the turn.

First: Yang magnanimous?? Must be having a bad day.
              Attached Files
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Framing operation succesful.
                Attached Files
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Let us first see what happens with the Hive-Morgan war. It just might turn the tide, and Yang's units away from us. If that happens, we will definately want to get off Fundy, and improve relations.
                  Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44
                    Let us first see what happens with the Hive-Morgan war. It just might turn the tide, and Yang's units away from us. If that happens, we will definately want to get off Fundy, and improve relations.
                    Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! (Beavis mode! )
                    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Working...
                    X