No announcement yet.

Sparta Air Command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could build a B-4 in Fort Soup (in Arcadia) which would be completed in 2163. It could immediately start on its journey eastward and finish in the straits between Arcadia and Morgania. Next turn we can check if the supercrawler is still undefended, and if so easily take it out with that single B-4. If they have moved it to a base or something we can just head back with the B-4 to Gagarin or something.

I can't see any other targets juicy enough to do a suicide run on. Normal crawlers cost 30 mins, and sacrificing a 20 min needlejet for one of those just doesn't seem so tasteful when they probably have an economy 50% larger than us anyway.

Comment

They have 1 supercrawler (150 or 180 minerals worth) that they podpopped with the Hunter, so it'd be poetic justice!!

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
        They have 1 supercrawler (150 or 180 minerals worth) that they podpopped with the Hunter, so it'd be poetic justice!!
        A suicide run with a hardened B-4 crew against a civilian target to obtain poetic justice? I love it!

And people say we're an evil faction!

Comment

Once we gain a foothold in Morgania, taking out those out-of-range goodies will be no problem.
          Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeiter
            Once we gain a foothold in Morgania, taking out those out-of-range goodies will be no problem.
            Yes, but that Crawler could become an issue erlier, if Morgan happens to get a secret project available. I think we can spare one plane to get this bugger killed.
            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I agree - without crawlers they are severly handicapped, so we should "make hay while the sun shines" (ie, before they get interceptors to fend us off)

But again, I keep harping on at it, let's not assume that we are probe-immune - if I were playing Morgan I'd kamikazi one or two probe foils just to gain infiltration, or even better, steal a tech or two as well. Or make it worth the Angels while to tagteam with Morgan to jointly destroy a Spartan probe defender then infiltrate immediately afterwards. So let's be on our guard to ferret out and destroy their probe foils - and if appropriate, double our Crypteia in our coastal bases

Comment

They're building a Gator boat at Red Fungus Resort right now. We need to make sure we don't lose track of that one.

The fact we're running fundy also helps. If we have just one probe defender at a base, they almost need 3 just to do anything: 1 to damage the defender, 1 to kill it, and 1 to initiate action.

Another thought: if we create a production schedule where we have at least 1 needlejet being produced on each continent each year, we can practically have a "home guard" without having to hold aircraft back from the front.

Ah, yes, taking out the super-crawler with a kamikaze attack is a good idea.
                Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
                  But still Maniac, there's no reason for me to take this title and leave you commanding only the Kel. You outrank me and should have a bigger title. I am not specifically in love with being air force commander, it was just available and needed to be filled. Of course it wasn't so there's no reason for me to take it. I'll be happy just to command a squadron, honest
                  If you insist... Note though that I'll resign from air force commander if anyone else shows interest in it.

and leave you commanding only the Kel.
                  What do you mean - "only" the Kel?
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Air Defenses:

(Some food for thought)
                    - elite plasma garrison in a base with aerospace complex can be succesful even against 6x attack. Sensors help even more
                    - mind worms negate the nerve gas ability - with sensors and neural amplifier it might be awesome for protecting population from the gas attrition
                    - high morale (aerospace complex) F4 are cheap solution for intercepting anything. On defense they are on par with more expensive B6, against XB6 they will lose - still good deal cost-wise, but do not protect against gas casaulties
                    - high morale F6's have chance for surviving XB6 attack even on defense, offensively they will mop everything - but perhaps are not too cost-effective
                    - cheap units on the way between us and them (clean scouts) blocking approach - only good for the bases that are on the border range
                    Last edited by sentry33; March 10, 2005, 16:17.
                    a Spartan Eco-Science specimen.
                    ----
                    Producing Buddhism.
                    Enlightenment is the Base, Way & Goal.

Comment

ok i know i am a lurker but what is the job of airforce commander?
                      Bunnies!
                      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

The last couple years our factories have more or less been running on automatic, without asking much questions, to make maximal use of our air superiority. A few years of air superiority later, perhaps it's time to evaluate our situation.

Should we continue with building as much aircraft as possible in an as short as possible timeframe, to do as much damage as we possibly can to the Corporation, before they get aircraft themselves.
                        Or should we start working under the assumption that the plan to keep DAP out of Weasel hands will work, and start on a build-up with the longterm more in mind.

This is of course hard to decide at the moment, as we don't know yet whether the framing operation would work, whether or not Yang is willing to talk to the Corporation and thus could or couldn't trade DAP with the Corporation, and whether the Angels would be willing to accept a trade embargo on DAP. But I think it's still useful to bring this point to attention already.

Also, what mix in unit types do we want? Next year we'll have nine B-4s, but only two B-6s. Should FB & OA continue churning out a B-4 every turn, or focus more on the B-6 model? This of course also ties to the previous question: inflict maximal damage on the short term (B-4s best), or think more on the longterm, with in mind attacking bases defended by plasma sentinels and sensor arrays (B-6s best)?
                        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Maybe it's my pessimistic and cautious nature, but I don't think we can keep DAP out of Weasel hands for as long as we'd like. I'd prefer taking advantage of the situation, as far as that goes. The isolation plan hinges on too many factors that are quite simply out of our control or reach.
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I too think we only hve a few turns left of a full air superiority. Meaning, we should keep making aircraft at the fastest rate possible. Sad but true.

If in fact Morgan does not get DAP as soon as feared, we will still have the option of using B6s for strong targets, and adding B4s for weaker things. Plus, we can upgrade some as needed. Not efficient per se, but at least we would have big numbers before anyone else.

Comment

Heh, this somehow reminds me of an MP game I once played. By having to land on a small patch of land crushed between to VERY large human-played factions with better landmass, I was the Uni and by pure accident managed to receive DAP. It was awesome fiddling around with the power politics around me to try to get the best out of it, but in the end I aligned with the wrong power - the other guys invaded me and the others just watched instead of coming to my aid. Bastards.
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Except we are the strongest power in this game.

Comment

Working...
                                X