Gaians agree to EE tech beeline!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaians agree to EE tech beeline!

I couldn't be bothered to dig the Gaian relations thread up and I thought this would be rather important.

From Lord Illuminatus:

Gaian Union has agreed to it - they are negotiating with Angels regarding details to be worked out, but from what I can tell, deal is certain to be accepted. One of the problems is that both of our faction suffer froma ctiviy so discussion is sluggish.. However, until some things are worked out with them, here is a minor question for you: do you need II transmitted to you as soon as we research it? Rest of diplomatic responses will be ready within a day I believe.
    What say our tech department? Do we need it so that I can reply posthaste?

If this is really the Gaian stance on the matter, I can't help but to punch the air a bit. For a while there I was pretty certain we'd be facing a triple entente poised to get us.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Re: Gaians agree to EE tech beeline!

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
    IWhat say our tech department? Do we need it so that I can reply posthaste?
    I'd say we get it asap - we have 1/2 an SP waiting in the form of that speeder crawler, and should be able to upgrade another one or two to get the CDF before Yang comes calling

Comment

Hey, we paid to get it ASAP.
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Yep, I can't see a reason why we shouldn't get it immediately. Perhaps state as a reason that we require the CDF to succesfully fight our defensive wars against the Hive and Morgan. (though of course, even without the CDF, IntInt would still be worth a lot to get asap: double police powers!)

Btw, this time we haven't made any concrete promises yet - it was just a trade proposal - so we'd better ask for some additional information before officially accepting the deal. I mean asking about the year when they'll research IntInt with their current labs production.

Also how about trying to negotiate the deal so that we'll only give EcoEng eg two or three years before they're about to research it? That way we'll probably give the tech after MY 2159 and the PTS raid, and we'll reduce the risk that they'll use our atrocity as an excuse to cancel their side of the deal.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

and asking for permission to probe it if sunspots intervene

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
            Yep, I can't see a reason why we shouldn't get it immediately. Perhaps state as a reason that we require the CDF to succesfully fight our defensive wars against the Hive and Morgan. (though of course, even without the CDF, IntInt would still be worth a lot to get asap: double police powers!)
            Why? We friggin payed for it already, and the deal was, that they transmit it as soon as they get it. I see no reason to tell them more. Even if the deal is extended, the basic foundation (we get IntInt fast) stays. And, let's face it, they probably have a good idea anyway.

Btw, this time we haven't made any concrete promises yet - it was just a trade proposal - so we'd better ask for some additional information before officially accepting the deal. I mean asking about the year when they'll research IntInt with their current labs production.
            Yes, the more info the better. Let's hope the Angels and the Gaians manage to agree on the details quickly.

Also how about trying to negotiate the deal so that we'll only give EcoEng eg two or three years before they're about to research it? That way we'll probably give the tech after MY 2159 and the PTS raid, and we'll reduce the risk that they'll use our atrocity as an excuse to cancel their side of the deal.
            Great idea. This way we'll still have something they want, after we start kickinkg Morgan.

And yes, we need to ask about probing in case of sunspots.
            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I already sent a short response that we want IntInt ASAP, but I can always send a follow-up.

- State that we need it for the CDF to defend ourselves (as we are probably attracting most of their wrath, being a lightning rod of sorts)
              - When will you have II at the current rate?
              - When are you going to have EcolEng research yourself? We need this information to organise our own part of the deal.
              - Can we agree that we can probe the tech off of you in case of sunspots?
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

... is that all we'll be asking? That and the possible re-establishment of an embassy.

Comment

Working...
                X