Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oi.

Originally posted by jtsisyoda
    That reminds me... Sparta had 2 reloads on the last two turns. What's up with that?
    What is indeed up with that...

Hmm - First I've heard of it - I dunno why that would be

I did save numerous times during the turnplay as I was doing screenies of the invasion and posting gamesave updates for Maniac to download during our "realtime invasion" (ie just before Zak's surrender and just afterwards), but I was using the gamesave feature (left hand menu) and not the endturn feature (right hand menu).

I didn't get any reload messages during my saves - but I was renaming the save each time to differentiate it from the last one that Maniac would have downloaded. Could this have generated a "reload" message?

There was never any unit movement duplication or different orders in any of these turn resumptions (indeed we ended the turn with a mindworm about to destroy one of our units at Minas Tirith!!)

I'm at a loss as to why a replay message would appear, let alone 2.

G.

Comment

I can't recall seeing a reload message either.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Method:

I've found that I have a corrupted Alphax.txt file - another of my PBEMs (Uncharted Waters, set up by Darsnan) gave me wierd techs as the Pirates (eg, Int Int as a stating tech!!), and when I opened this current ACDG turn Sparta had already a D10 tech and 2 E8's.

This might have caused the corruption in the reload (ie saves perhaps being coded as reloads?)

Anyway - I've checked the last ACDG turn, and we have the techs we should have, and so do those factions that we have infiltrated. I've copied over the correct alphax.txt file and now should be OK.

But in any event, Maniac is now our turnplayer as I have houseguests from now till essentially the end of March.

I can't shed any more light on those reload messages that jtsisyoda got (did the other players get them too, or just Morgan?) but it shouldn't be a problem in the future.

G.

Comment

Working...
        X