2150: Pre-planning discussion and build/movement orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Modo44
    Do we have cash for upgrades? This looks like an awful lot of units in need of new weapons and armour...
    I agree, a lot of it looks fairly obsolete. On the other hand - I'm guessing nobody really wants to mess with us right now anyway . We might as well take advantage of our reputation and save a few bucks on defenses.

There are other uses for those funds, like an invasion army or two

Originally posted by Googlie
    Ah - right (I searched every thread and couldn't find that name and logo you'd done!!
    It's actually in the Mess Tent, for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
      I agree, a lot of it looks fairly obsolete. On the other hand - I'm guessing nobody really wants to mess with us right now anyway . We might as well take advantage of our reputation and save a few bucks on defenses.

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
      There are other uses for those funds, like an invasion army or two
      What else do you think I was talking about?
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Just spent (in 2150) 230 in upgrades - scout rovers to impact rovers.

Our 1st wave invasion force is 3 elite Impact rovers plus 1 elite impact infantryman (the Spartan Kel).

2nd wave (still assembling) will be another Impact rover, a longstrider plus a Hoplite and Crypteia for University Base garrison duty

(In order to upgrade the Invasion force while on the move, I used the design workshop upgrade, and as a result the stranded rover (R-112) in Hades is now also Impact)

Comment

Just a note - on closing the turn, our scout from Minas Tirith got attacked by a mindworm - but survived
          Long live our trance training!

Originally posted by Googlie
          Praetorian Guard!!
          In the past you've multiple times suggested to build a unit with the highest armour available, while I suggested instead not to prototype it, so we kept open the option of crawler-hurrying. Now a 1-3t-1 is under production. Therefore I'm wondering, is this out of forgetfulness, or do you think we shouldn't use crawler-hurrying in this game?
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

In this instance, isn't it a waste of a crawler? At Sector Craterwest it'll take 4 turns to build the plasma guard versus 6 to build the crawler being used to hurry it, so I didn't see the cost-benefit to prototyping via a crawler

What am I missing?

Comment

We're having a misunderstanding.

I'm not suggesting to crawler-hurry the plasma unit prototype.

I'm suggesting NOT to prototype plasma armour, so we can still use crawler-hurrying to hurry units and facilities such as Navy Seals, rec commons, creches...

I'm referring to the Treatise on Hurrying, where I described how besides credits crawlers can also be used to hurry unit and facility production: By setting production in a base to an unprototyped unit design, cashing in some crawlers, retire the unit design, and then set production in the base to the unit or facility we want to build. For a generally energy poor faction like Sparta this ability could prove very advantageous. But it is only possible if we have an unprototyped weapon, armour, or chassis available to make unit designs of.

Comment

OK - I think I understand

But how then do we get (soon) plasma armored defenders in the Arcadia bases to ward off the PK Unity-rovers-upgraded-to-impact-rovers hordes that will come calling at our new bases?

Comment

Does the AI upgrade its troops??
                  Do you mean with new bases former UoP bases or the suggested base near the Manifold Nexus?
                  That aside, could elite synthrovers and especially 3MP elite impact rovers not succesfully destroy all incoming opposition before they ever get near to our bases? An offensive defence in other words.

Comment

PS: The MY2150final zip turn in this thread is in fact the MY2149final turn I fear. Could you please repost a copy of the turn, to satisfy my hunger towards the PK map?

Comment

Sorry 'bout that
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

Working...
                        X