Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summit moved to Sunday 21:00 GMT (hopefully)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit moved to Sunday 21:00 GMT (hopefully)

Maniac didn't show up. Googlie didn't (as planned I guess). My ISP decided to break down. Chaos Theory and Illuminatus were present. *sighs* I explained to them that I had a force majeure reason, no response yet. I hope the backup time will suit them. That, or I may manage to talk with Chaos Theory (he's still in the channel, but idle).
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

I couldn't open the chat room in my own website!!

I guess I could go live - I couldn't find the chat room at CGN

Comment

Sorry I wasn't there.
      Another family member was using the computer...
      And when I could check 22.00 GMT, an hour after the planned start of the meeting, no one was present in the chatroom of the Spartan Federation website.
      Another problem is that I can't connect to CGN IRC, so I discovered this evening (it worked a few months ago though ). I can get on Apolyton IRC though. So is there some problem with CGN?

Edit: Oh yes, tomorrow night I'll be in Gent again, so I won't have access to IRC and internet anymore in the evening. Hopefully you and Googlie can make it then.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Oh. I thought the connecting part was all set, you should have asked me if you were unsure about it. It didn't even occur to me to come to the Spartan website's chatroom (not that I had the possibility to, but anyway).

It was not a chat room, but a channel using a different Internet protocol. You need to download a specific client to access it, you can't do it with a web browser. If you can't install anything on your computer, we will have to change the summit location.

The Gaians did manage joining the channel at IRC just fine.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

What do I need to download, and from where?

Comment

that's the most used client.

Comment

OR we could bring Chaos Theory to the Spartan website's chat. Would that be a breach of security though - someone could show up and pretend to be one of us? Should we use passwords or something? "Flash? Thunder!"

Comment

Hmm, you could also always use the program available at http://gaim.sourceforge.net , it might be easier to use

Comment

We're in session btw - mostly just chitchat for now. I'm hoping I won't reveal too much by accident..

Comment

I Can't get irc or the other one to load, but I have been able to get onto our chat room

You coiuld direct them there via the Sparta Chronicles (shares the same chat room)

it's http://go.to\googlie

Comment

I'm going to need to download and install java first, though, but I'll suggest it

Comment

(Going thru the SC site won't let them backtrack onto our website)

Comment

Chaos doesn't have java installed, and neither do I just yet - it'd probably be least painful for you to just post some pointers here and I'll throw them out to them, and I'll in turn post their thoughts condensed

Comment

Hmm - I've downloaded and and installed IRC on my laptop, but when I cliock on the CGN IRC homepage link, I get an "Unable to connect message"

Is this where you and the Gaians are?

Comment

What's the channel name?

Comment

Working...
                              X