No announcement yet.

Special Projects which ones, and how to set about getting them built

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Googlie, I agree we shouldn't leave Zak now. Had some fun reading the post though.

Back to the discussion, we don't really have to attack the Morgans to get them into trouble. When Zak gets his nose broken, everyone will be scared, probably producing units on the double. The Morgans don't exactly have much of a free unit suport, do they? Let' em keep a waiting army then. Will our attack on the University be announced? Because that should be enough to achieve the psychological effect.

And, going for Morgan isn't a good idea for tactical reasons. Situation might change during those "idle" turns on the move, and then what? Turn around again? We have a hammer, it's time to use it.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Oh I don't disagree with our invasion of Lal either. And hey I'm supposed to be in the pro-Morgan faction anyway

However, remember they are building 0-2-1 probe team defenders. These are new to me, but apparently they defend just like regular military units and don't cost any upkeep. So having a standing army won't cost them too much.

Comment

Let me tell you this: having pure defensive forces does not constitute an army. It constitutes a bunch of sitting ducks. If they'll try to pull this, they are digging their own grave already.

Either way, they'd have to build those first, which in itself is an expense they probably didn't plan in so soon.

Comment

Ah good points It'll be fun to see if their production lines change after our displays of strength these coming years.

Comment

As others have said, conquering Morganite bases with our elite impact infantry against their very green synthmetal garrisons wouldn't be a problem - it's keeping the bases that is.

Originally posted by Modo44
            Don't we actually have that army? How far is it from the University to Morgan territory?
            After the University is finished, a two-front war against the Morganites could indeed be a logical follow-up...

Will our attack on the University be announced? Because that should be enough to achieve the psychological effect.
            As our first goal is University Base with the Merchant Exchange, everyone will know we've started the war by having a look at the F5 screen. So we might as well make a big propaganda event out of it.

Either way, they'd have to build those first, which in itself is an expense they probably didn't plan in so soon.
            Every synthmetal probe built is a crawler less built.
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
              As others have said, conquering Morganite bases with our elite impact infantry against their very green synthmetal garrisons wouldn't be a problem - it's keeping the bases that is.
              I'm sorry, if I'm mising something here, but who said we wanted to keep the bases? In other words, how difficult is it to destroy them completely?

Comment

Well, certainly obliterating them would remove the "mind control " problem (although it'd be harder for them when we are running Fundy)

And it's not as if sanctions would hurt us (as the only commerce income we're getting is from Morgan itself)

Comment

Well, that's about the only thing Morgan doesn't know - that we might not come to capture things, but to break them, big time. Imagine how much smaller the force would need to be, if it was going on a (face it) suicide mission.

My thoughts scare me sometimes.

Comment

Imagine how much smaller the force would need to be, if it was going on a (face it) suicide mission.
                    But if we are activating the Obliterate Base command, and not the self destruct command, then the unit survives to fight (obliterate) again. It's when the unit is homed to the obliterated base that it dies with the obliteration

And given that all our maurauding rovers would be homed to Sparta mainland bases, they'd just go on a continent-wide rampage

(Actually, it sounds like fun - maybe I should add another option to the poll - Obliterate all Morgan bases)

Comment

What can stop us, (and should, if it is a real danger), is that such an action would mean a near-certain alliance against us, right from the moment we start razing bases. So I guess it's an option for a bit later - after we have conquered enough (Zak, Lal, Yang) to feel safe...

Comment

Working...
                      X