Interesting Bug I haven't encountered before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Bug I haven't encountered before

With the current turn (2145) I exited to the Gaians' save before I remembered that the endturn wasn't the same as the midturn.

So I reopened the midturn to replicate the couple of changes, (hence the reload message you'kll get if you open the endturn.sav - there's no reload on the gaians turn) and then saved it as the endturn, which I then zipped and attached to the threads here.

On reopening it (to make some screenies) I saw that our tech had advanced a year (from 2148 to 2147) and even more baffling, all our units had regained their full 2145 movement points, build orders had advanced a year, but the year still showed 2145

And on saving it again as the Gaians turn, it showed just 2146

Anyone else come across this phenomenon? (I'm guessing that it's 'cos I "turn completed" in-game to pass to the Gaians, then messed with the game mechanics by reopening the 2145 turn)

Do any of you get this when you open the 2145.sav? (or is it just me 'cos I also have the 2146 Gaians complete.sav also resident within my game engine?)

I get it too.

Could that strange bug where the year doesn't change in PBEMs be somehow caused by some actions like you describe?
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Hmm - could be.

The other queer thing I remember about it was when I did re-open it there already was a Spartan password in the field - about 25 x's. So I deleted that and put our correct one in.

Funny thing is, I can't replicate it on my laptop (where I played the turn, saved the Gaians' turn, zipped and transferred to my desktop's desktop for hanging on the turn reporting thread (For some reason I can't get a dialling tone with my laptop, so can't access the internet from it until I get hooked up with DSL - still not here yet, btw)

(I also transferred the midturn.sav from laptop to desktop before I went thru the replay actions - there was no problem with that opening. it was after that, on re-opening to get some screenies, as I said, that I encountered the "renewed movement" bug)

Of course, the original diplo turn - where I had accepted the Uni Pact, had been on my desktop, so that, too, may have contributed to the snafu

Comment

I recongise the bug and what causes it... not sure what else I should say about it since I'm unaware of anyone else knowing how to trigger it. I'm pretty sure Drogue would rule it illegal.

Comment

Working...
        X